2022 signings

Evs62

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody that Chris thinks can enhance what we’ve got and wants to play for the jersey. Also want to see the continued development of guys like Olstrum and Bickerdike, who to me, look like they can become really good players. 

Depends on how many players we will lose.....

However as it stands now (losing O'D) I think we need a Winger, Centre, Prop and Half Back as minimum.

Ideally an experienced Champ Prop in the Wilkes/Dowes mould, hardworking and makes yards. IMO Fitzsimmons is better suited in the back row.

If we could persuade Rhys Clarke and Joe Brown to sign, they would be good signings to start.

4 hours ago, Limmertime said:

Depends on how many players we will lose.....

However as it stands now (losing O'D) I think we need a Winger, Centre, Prop and Half Back as minimum.

Ideally an experienced Champ Prop in the Wilkes/Dowes mould, hardworking and makes yards. IMO Fitzsimmons is better suited in the back row.

If we could persuade Rhys Clarke and Joe Brown to sign, they would be good signings to start.

Just lost another.  holroyd to widnes. 

Honestly don’t think we should be too disheartened whoever leaves. Don’t get me wrong Brad and Dec would be 2 of the 1st picks to have in the squad next year, but just about all of last years squad is untested at championship level and it’s a huge step up for everyone. Personally if we can get them replaced with lads who’ve had a few seasons up there then it will be an improvement in the squad IMO

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Maybe more experience players replacing the lads that have gone back to the amateur game . The ones that are still there most  are young ambitious and got a season under there belt . I think they can step up . Apart from a few clubs in the Championship that are full time the rest are part time .So I think we can hold our own . . Can't wait to find out  UTT 

Brad was always going to move on. A player of his quality, who travels is always going to attract attention closer to home. Bene the same for years. Good luck and thank you for entertaining us this year. 

Said for the last few years I'd like to see curtis teare from WBH in a town shirt. Always hard to attract some of the NCL lads to try it out. But just look at how good O'brien and Henson have been!

50 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Brad was always going to move on. A player of his quality, who travels is always going to attract attention closer to home. Bene the same for years. Good luck and thank you for entertaining us this year. 

Said for the last few years I'd like to see curtis teare from WBH in a town shirt. Always hard to attract some of the NCL lads to try it out. But just look at how good O'brien and Henson have been!

Teare and holgate both been in talks with haven supposedly wanting more coin than the aussies we have . Can't blame them for wanting best deals they can get 

Have read a few comments from the Championship 'keyboard experts' and most of them are tipping Workington Town to have a struggle regarding escaping relegation next season.

In some respects I do fear the step up will be difficult for Town to manage....especially seeing some recent losses to the squad...However I'm quietly confident Chris Thorman and co. will be fully aware of the teams needs, and before long we'll be reading of good recruitment......no need to press panic button as yet...UTT.

Yeah it's easy to predict that we will be favourites to be relegated, especially after losing two good players, I fully expect we will be the bookies favourites too. But nobody knows what our finished squad will be, so it's a bit of a moot point until all the squad is in place.

The bookies I think made us forth favourites last year, and If you compared our squad last year to Barrows who would have put us a percentage from a cancelled covid game from winning the title outright? I'm sure if we get the players to compete in the champ Chris will make sure the lads cause a few surprises.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

3 hours ago, town2018 said:

Just trying to think off players I would like for next season

Wingers - Mo agoro type winger

Centre - Jason tali built centre 

Forwards - Steve crossley type & Ben kavangh type players 

What names or type player does everyone think we need 

I would like to see town raid the Welsh and go for crusaders winger Rob Massam and big winger who knows how to score trys and an ideal replacement for Brad and also there fullback I think he's called Tommy Johnson he had a great game up here and can kick goals, need a couple of handy big forwards who are experienced in this league a centre would be nice and another quality half back that could double up to hooker if needed , not much really 😆 UTT

15 hours ago, town2018 said:

Just trying to think off players I would like for next season

Wingers - Mo agoro type winger

Centre - Jason tali built centre 

Forwards - Steve crossley type & Ben kavangh type players 

What names or type player does everyone think we need 

I'll set off with Kyle Amour & Jarrod Sammut, bring Jimmy Graham out of retirement for a season as he really does need to play in a town shirt. Then maybe he can persuade Jimmy Maloney to give it another year before his French retirement. I'm sure Les can find the money from somewhere, then a few more young lads like Ethan Kelly etc that the old heads can give a season of learning to.

Go big or git yam 😂😂

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

5 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

I'll set off with Kyle Amour & Jarrod Sammut, bring Jimmy Graham out of retirement for a season as he really does need to play in a town shirt. Then maybe he can persuade Jimmy Maloney to give it another year before his French retirement. I'm sure Les can find the money from somewhere, then a few more young lads like Ethan Kelly etc that the old heads can give a season of learning to.

Go big or git yam 😂😂

Now that would get people talking marra. That would be some team with them in it .

1 hour ago, town2018 said:

I hate this time off year being a town fan waiting for news on new signings or current players signing new contracts most clubs have already signed new players and announced which players will be with them next year and we've heard nothing again 

I'm sure the board and Chris will have things sorted but ye it does get frustrating .

9 minutes ago, Town Army said:

I can sort of see where you are coming from, and I know its a quicker than usual turnaround. 

But ...... It has only been 12 days now since our season ended. 

My comment was not having a go at the board or the club I was just basically stating that I hate the off season and waiting to hear news from the club 

Archived