2022 signings

Evs62

If weve done business , signings or resignings , I’m not sure why it’s a secret or what we’re waiting for. Every other team gets announcements out now and again to keep things bubbling along . Not sure why we wouldn’t want to do the same and keep the momentum going . All we’ve heard is players leaving 

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can give the club the benefit of doubt after a superb season to see what happens on Saturday.

I've heard 2 of our main players have had very good offers elsewhere and may well be considering them and one of our travelling players is departing as well.

It’d be a start if they published the retained list so we know where we are building from. This club never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity when it comes to the commercial side. With the feel good factor from promotion they should have been keeping that momentum going and cashing in instead of the usual wall of silence. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

On 22/10/2021 at 08:15, Town Army said:

I can sort of see where you are coming from, and I know its a quicker than usual turnaround. 

But ...... It has only been 12 days now since our season ended. 

As per usual very poor communication from the club, fans needs to be kept up to date with retained players even if no news on new signings, very alarming championship teams picking up players left right and centre while nothing but silence from our club

26 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

As per usual very poor communication from the club, fans needs to be kept up to date with retained players even if no news on new signings, very alarming championship teams picking up players left right and centre while nothing but silence from our club

Announcements will be done after this weekends presentation night I'm sure what's the Rush. 

50 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

I know, how dare those volunteers take a bit of time off with their families after a very difficult few years. They should be flogging themselves on their own unpaid time, terrible of them isnt it....

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I know, how dare those volunteers take a bit of time off with their families after a very difficult few years. They should be flogging themselves on their own unpaid time, terrible of them isnt it....

We know how hard the volunteers work . The club could not exist without them. We are just frustrated with no news with players. All championship clubs have kept there fans in the loop.

55 minutes ago, Town blue white said:

We know how hard the volunteers work . The club could not exist without them. We are just frustrated with no news with players. All championship clubs have kept there fans in the loop.

All other championship clubs knew what league they were in, how much money they had etc weeks ago. 

27 minutes ago, Town utd said:

agree  the volunteers work hard,but it's a professional business ,time now for town to push on👍

Where as all this talk about the volunteers come from .  You've been talking about players recruitment . Have faith in Chris he as got us up into the championship a year a head on schedule  . Yes clubs have had a head start  .But I am sure he will fetch the right players  to the club .  UTT 

Even the club didn't no what league we were going to be in a few weeks ago surely they were still in talks with the main spine off the team about re singings and if we havnt already sorted the retained players I'd be worried at this stage most teams will be starting pre season within the next 4 to 6 weeks as its a fast turn around 

The club was fast at trying to engage with fans prior to the final but since we've heard nothing which is a big shame as it was a perfect chance to keep fans that didn't come to most games 

Jeez the knives are out a bit early after the season we have just had aren't they? 

What exactly do you all want them to say? That they are sitting on their hands doing nowt and waiting to see what players are left so we can get them cheaper, or working as hard as possible to get the best squad they can to survive in the Champ. 

Our club obviously have a strategy of how the squad is being built and how they think they can maximise the interest in the club during the off season to build up for when next seasons shirts & season tickets are announced. My guess would be they will step up with a number of re-signings, and new signings to get the interest bubbling along ready for when the season tickets and new shirt are announced to get some money turning over before Xmas. 

Yes it was surprising to see empty columns in the LoveRL article, and even more surprising to me that a couple of clubs look done and dusted, but the season hasn't started yet so keep the toys in the pram a bit longer kids.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Totally agree.

We had the euphoria of promotion a couple of weeks ago  while for most clubs their season finished over a month ago.

I expect the club will want the momentum going through the off season and will I expect that to start tomorrow at the presentation night. I just wish I could attend

Let's be patient over the next couple of weeks as there will be a strategy to boost shirt and season ticket sales

I have at least got my couple of 200 club numbers as usual and hope the supporters get Scott through his target sooner rather than later.

Onwards and upwards.

Just shows why we have to build our squad from the best of the local amateur teams.

Where we are we can only attract travellers in the long term if they are attracted by local jobs, or our wonderful lake land environment.

Some players will also not relish the step up to the Championship and will prefer the lower league games.

3 gone but more to come in, onwards and upwards.

8 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Just shows why we have to build our squad from the best of the local amateur teams.

Where we are we can only attract travellers in the long term if they are attracted by local jobs, or our wonderful lake land environment.

Some players will also not relish the step up to the Championship and will prefer the lower league games.

3 gone but more to come in, onwards and upwards.

Well said mate 

1 hour ago, Onreport said:

Oldham just announced Calvin Wellington signed for them

I think there is a really good player in there somewhere and he never let us down, but I think the writing was on the wall when Chris said he was picking Ethan Bickerdike on form not because Calvin was injured. Good luck to him I hope it’s a good move for him. 

Archived