2022 signings

Evs62

No surprise we've lost Dec, Jake and Calvin.... they only signed up for 2021 after Ottawa didn't join League 1.

• Like 1

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

19 hours ago, Onreport said:

Oldham just announced Calvin Wellington signed for them

Well he did not show what potential he has got this season I am sure Chris will find a suitable replacement to take his place. By the way, Chris I have heard was talking to players in the middle of last, season, So let him do his job and look forward to coming season and the top teams that will be on Derwent Park. UTT. 🏉🏉🏉

• Like 3

Well hopefully we will get an update at tonight's presentation night.

Firstly we'll done to Chris and the rest of the team including volunteers  and the playing squad, including those who will be elsewhere next year. We did not expect promotion given the difficulties of the preceeding 18months. A year ahead of Chris's own expectations and those of us who have known the ups and downs of the clubs fortunes for the last decade or in my case 6 decades

A big well done for Les Smallwood and the BOD for navigating the club through the pandemic and the financial stress involved

Thanks to our supporter clubs and particularly Scott, and our small diehard support, that has allowed our dormant support an opportunity to show the potential that exists if we are well run  coached and have a successful and committed team to support. There are 3,000 out there at least who want TOWN to continue and succeed. I intend now post covid  to get down from the far north at least a couple of times next year  hopefully for the Cumbrian derby's

We were all reminded of what we achieved in October 1977 and I can remember being there in all the rounds and finals from 76 to 79. It was great and we want more.

Please could anyone fortunate to attend tonight's presentation, give us old and far flung supporters an update on the evening.

UTT

• Like 6

Just now, Peter Winthorpe said:

Could we please have some good news next.

That for Me would include a healthy prognosis for Stevie Scholey and a return to the fold for Tom Curwen.

Please could we have someone confirm the retention of our main core team.

I second that. Come on let's have some information who we have staying at least?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Town blue white said:

I second that. Come on let's have some information who we have staying at least?

I understand some frustrations but it needs a bit of perspective. I personally have NO doubt that CT knows what is required to compete to stay the championship.  I'm sure we will see incomings soon. You know what they say about no news

• Like 2

On 29/10/2021 at 21:38, IanMac said:

I think there is a really good player in there somewhere and he never let us down, but I think the writing was on the wall when Chris said he was picking Ethan Bickerdike on form not because Calvin was injured. Good luck to him I hope it’s a good move for him. 

I'm sure it was because Chris new then that Calvin was leaving,

• Like 1

It was announced at the presentation night . That Conner as signed a two year deal to stay at Workington Town . . It was also stated that tonight wasn't the right time to announce players coming in .or leaving  as this was all about  the players that had got us promotion. . But keep looking on social media over the next week and leading up to Christmas  because exciting times are ahead . 

• Like 11