2022 signings

Evs62

3 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Although Elliot Hall was playing for Batley, he was actually employed by Bradford

Yes Elliot was Bradford’s media and marketing manager while playing for Batley, quite a strange situation.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

24 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Joe Brown has hung up his boots for good I think.

Not a bad way to bow out . Getting promoted , scoring a try in the final , captaining Jamaica and scoring a try in his last international . He obviously wasn’t fit when he arrived but he finished the season very strongly and will always be one of us now . Wish him all the best if he’s hung the boots  up 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Derwent said:

Yes Elliot was Bradford’s media and marketing manager while playing for Batley, quite a strange situation.

It was brilliant watching him score a great try to seal a win for Batley against the bulls, and knocking his current employers out of the play offs 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Sorry to hear Les has stepped down from the chairman's job, He has done very well whilst in his tenure has leader of our club and I thank him for that. It will be interesting to see whoever takes his seat, There was a post from one of our Forum members who said he had heard rumours who was coming in to take the top seat, Has anyone heard anything else about who is in for the job?, or any new signings. It's only been a few weeks since our last game, but when you read about other clubs signings you, or I do, think of what's left to sign, but I have faith in the coach and the board to at least make us able to compete in the championship. UTT🏉🏉👍

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, troutmaster said:

Sorry to hear Les has stepped down from the chairman's job, He has done very well whilst in his tenure has leader of our club and I thank him for that. It will be interesting to see whoever takes his seat, There was a post from one of our Forum members who said he had heard rumours who was coming in to take the top seat, Has anyone heard anything else about who is in for the job?, or any new signings. It's only been a few weeks since our last game, but when you read about other clubs signings you, or I do, think of what's left to sign, but I have faith in the coach and the board to at least make us able to compete in the championship. UTT🏉🏉👍

Your right Troutmaster lesso has done a terrific job throughout this difficult period due and a true leader with the help of a hard working board of Directors. I'm sure the club will inform everyone on due course on new signings and maybe new board members. The crack was the shareholders and the directors were having meetings this week .UTT

I loved watching Sammut when he was here last time but he’s 34 and would take a huge chunk of any money available. Not sure that that’s the way to go but if Barrow have got the budget good luck to them.

56 minutes ago, IanMac said:

I loved watching Sammut when he was here last time but he’s 34 and would take a huge chunk of any money available. Not sure that that’s the way to go but if Barrow have got the budget good luck to them.

I don’t know if he would be too old for Chris, he seems like younger more agile players, buffer apart but he’s more like Peter Pan so probably doesn’t apply 😏

Sammut seems to be linked every season. While he's a maveric and probably the stand out player of recent times. There's a reason he only sticks around at a club for a season. 

More keen to know whats happening with the board to be honest. That needs sorted out before players. Nearly a week since presentation and no announcements yet

Edited by townie88
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dkw said:

Donald says he's signed for barrow.....I'm straight down ladbrokes to put money on him signing for Town...

He obviously knows exactly how much haven and barrow offered the player. I hope we managed to keep it secret from donald how much we offered😆

• Haha 1