2022 signings

Evs62

17 hours ago, townie88 said:

Any movement on announcements regarding the board?

Yeah I was wondering about board changes too.......for example, apart from on this forum, I haven't seen anything else about Les Smallwood stepping down from the Chairman's role....can anyone provide evidence that I might have missed??

Edited by chromedome
terrible spelling
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Yeah I was wondering about board changes too.......for example, apart form on this forum, I haven't seen anything else about Les Smallwood stepping down from the Chairman's role....can anyone provide evidence that I might have missed??

Well i haven't seen any official announcements on the website or socal media but know it is correct because Les made the announcement himself at the start of the presentation night

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rodders2010 said:

The more I've thought about this, it would seem a bit of a risk for any club not financially better off as to sign him, he only played 9 games for Broncos last season and that would be a big wage chunk gone if he only plays that number of games this coming season.

That’s an excellent signing. While we were always going to be signing out of county players it’s brilliant that Chris’s ethos on signing the best local talent is continuing. UTT

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, town4me said:

Donald's slacking a bit. I thought he'd of been on here by now saying Teare spoke to haven first.😄

Theyre not fussed anyway … its a big step up … he’s unproven at this level … probably we overpayed etc etc  

Edited by DavidM
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Theyre not fussed anyway … its a big step up … he’s unproven at this level … probably we overpayed etc etc  

He is a very good player yes unproven at championship level yes I wish him well hopefully he can have a good year or two at town before coming to haven 😂🙈 

• Sad 1

You know its a great signing when all the jambos at work are gutted to the point that all the usual guff is coming out. Like....

He looks good at amateur level but won't have the heart to make a pro.

Or

He has robbed town with a massive up front fee and double what haven could afford in wages. Even blew barrow out of the water.

Or

He has an underlying injury so is just getting a payday before he packs in.

Superb! 🤣

• Haha 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!