2022 signings

Evs62

Don’t think there’s any shame in saying Haven couldn’t afford him, theres a few Gems out there, think Haven have two more to announce, both having experience in the championship and competition similar. Gonna be a league within a league this year. 

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

You know its a great signing when all the jambos at work are gutted to the point that all the usual guff is coming out. Like....

He looks good at amateur level but won't have the heart to make a pro.

Or

He has robbed town with a massive up front fee and double what haven could afford in wages. Even blew barrow out of the water.

Or

He has an underlying injury so is just getting a payday before he packs in.

Superb! 🤣

As a Brow fan I can safely say all those  are a load of bo##ocks,I believe he has talked to Haven but for reasons we can only speculate on he’s chosen Town & you’ve got a cracking player who has size,strength,pace & a bit of nastiness that not many centre’s possess & he still has improvements in him.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

Gonna be a league within a league this year. 

I agree with that and can see ,IMO, around 6 or so  clubs battling it out to avoid the relegation spots.  There will be winnable games and then there will be damage limitation games against strong sides.  

I can’t get believe the way Fax & Newcastle are going there signing top players with the latter I believe have signed Rocky Hampshire too. Leigh,Fev,Newcastle,Fax,Batley,Bulls,Widnes,York then Haven,Town,Barra,Dews,Sheff,London. Some league…..! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davo5 said:

As a Brow fan I can safely say all those  are a load of bo##ocks,I believe he has talked to Haven but for reasons we can only speculate on he’s chosen Town & you’ve got a cracking player who has size,strength,pace & a bit of nastiness that not many centre’s possess & he still has improvements in him.

Hes a hell of a prospect, everyone I've spoke to who's watch him play thinks he can be as good as he wants to be, is it right a few SL clubs have been talking to him over the past few years?

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Hes a hell of a prospect, everyone I've spoke to who's watch him play thinks he can be as good as he wants to be, is it right a few SL clubs have been talking to him over the past few years?

Not sure but given the dearth of big,physical British centres,I wouldn’t be surprised,I think Town have probably paid somewhere near to what he was asking for which is reasonable given the lad would be a cert for the community Lions for the next 10 yrs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dkw said:

Garbage.

Why? He asked for a certain amount which is more than what our English based players get. I could tell you exactly the amount Town has and is paying him. But like I stated at the time Haven spoke to him and our squad was done so would have exceeded Havens spending budget. Accept it is as garbage as if u wish but you obviously haven’t a clue 😂

7 minutes ago, Cumbria RL said:

Why? He asked for a certain amount which is more than what our English based players get. I could tell you exactly the amount Town has and is paying him. But like I stated at the time Haven spoke to him and our squad was done so would have exceeded Havens spending budget. Accept it is as garbage as if u wish but you obviously haven’t a clue 😂

Young quality international amateurs are giving up a lot to sign semipro,Town were willing to pay those demands,Haven weren’t,we’ll see over the next 2 yrs who’s right,maybe we don’t think centre is a priority,FWIW I think Haven have missed out with Taylor reaching veteran stage & a bit of an unknown with the Aussie centre.

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Young quality international amateurs are giving up a lot to sign semipro,Town were willing to pay those demands,Haven weren’t,we’ll see over the next 2 yrs who’s right,maybe we don’t think centre is a priority,FWIW I think Haven have missed out with Taylor reaching veteran stage & a bit of an unknown with the Aussie centre.

I think he will be quality always the best player on pitch when I have watched him. Haven miss out that’s the way it goes 🤷

To be honest if both clubs want to be in a position to compete in the championship, and Haven did remarkably well last year, we are going to have to be in a position where there’s a bit of investment in players. As long as that is done within the financial capabilities of each club it’s irrelevant what has been paid for him. We will have wasted more money on travellers coming for a final pay day and imports like Fifita. This is a young Cumbrian who has the potential to be an excellent acquisition and fits with Chris Thorman’s long term plan for the club of building a mainly local based team. Hopefully it turns out to be an excellent bit of business by the club. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

Thats all very different to haven not being able to afford him.

3 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Taylor has just turned 28.... hardly veteran stage!! Haven ideally wanting another half back to play Dixon in the centre.

13 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

I can’t get believe the way Fax & Newcastle are going there signing top players with the latter I believe have signed Rocky Hampshire too. Leigh,Fev,Newcastle,Fax,Batley,Bulls,Widnes,York then Haven,Town,Barra,Dews,Sheff,London. Some league…..! 

Lots of people are tipping up Newcastle, and maybe rightly . But bringing in lots of new players also means you’ve got to gel them together which might not happen right away 

14 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Lots of people are tipping up Newcastle, and maybe rightly . But bringing in lots of new players also means you’ve got to gel them together which might not happen right away 

York were poor last year after spending big on ex Superleague players.

2 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

York were poor last year after spending big on ex Superleague players.

Its happened plenty of times where a team has loaded with ex SL players, ageing superstars etc and not worked, its a brutal sport and having an ageing team at this level can really have an impact.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

Think Newcastle will be the exception Two Chapplehows, Josh Eaves, Brad Day, Thomas Minns, Alex Foster, Sam Hallas, Mitch Clark, Jake Shorrocks to name a few with more to come al be having a cheeky ton on them 😂😂😂

Problem for them is newcastle isn't  a RL area. There's a massive  catchment area for fans over there but will they turn up on the terraces for Newcastle given the investment outlayed?  I'm not so sure it will be a success. An investor will only throw money at it for so long.