2022 signings

Evs62

I thought he developed really well through the season and looks to have plenty of potential. Pleased to see him back on board, he’s only going to get better with more experience. UTT

• Like 2

Not a bad resigning, Maybe a little bit small but never holds back. Jake and O'brian were spot on last year but they will meet a lot bigger props this year, Hence the need for a couple of big props to give the young lads a break. I have heard that club have signed or interested in signing a young half back but that is just a rumour.But to myself there is a lot of hard work ahead for the club and Mr,Thorman but I have faith in them both and look forward to seeing who is our new chairman... 🏉🏉🏉UTT... 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IanMac said:

I thought he developed really well through the season and looks to have plenty of potential. Pleased to see him back on board, he’s only going to get better with more experience. UTT

He was excellent in the run in towards the end of the season, very good defence too. Another good re-signing.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, dkw said:

Good news.

Carl is a club legend and its good to see him back on board. However I think it should be as a squad player we still need fresh blood in the halves for the championship IMHO.

Edited by town4me
  • Like 3

Make or break I think for blane this year. Crowd favourite, seems to score whenever he gets minutes but for whatever reason has never been given consisgame time. I appreciate hes had two good lads in Dec and matty infront of him, but this will be his 3rd season with us. 

8 hours ago, Derwent Park SC said:

Barrow island have posted that Blaine has rejoined them. 

Good luck to Blaine but it’s a real shame we didn’t get to see more of him. It was really difficult with having Dec and Matty last year and no doubt he wants to be playing every week. One thing that stood out for me was every time Chris mentioned him he praised him for his attitude and dedication to training, it can’t have been easy travelling up 3 times a week and more often than not not playing on a Sunday. Good luck Blaine and thanks for your efforts. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, town4me said:

Carl is a club legend and its good to see him back on board. However I think it should be as a squad player we still need fresh blood in the halves for the championship IMHO.

Can't disagree, if we go into the season with buffed then we know he won't let us down, but he also won't open many defences up (other than the last few games last season when he turned into Darren Lockyer). We need a top quality half to complement Doran.

Edited by dkw
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, dkw said:

Can't disagree, if we go into the season with buffed then we know he won't let us down, but he also won't open many defences up (other than the last few games last season when he turned into Darren Lockyer). We need a top quality half to complement Dpran.

I reckon doran is going to get found out this year if he doesn't shed some timber!

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

It would be a real shame if Blaine has gone IMO . He has a bit of xfactor about him and brings a spark around the ruck which is handy against big fellas and under the new rules . I never really understood why we weren’t using him more

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dkw said:

Can't disagree, if we go into the season with buffed then we know he won't let us down, but he also won't open many defences up (other than the last few games last season when he turned into Darren Lockyer). We need a top quality half to complement Doran.

Totally agree mate.  

17 hours ago, troutmaster said:

and look forward to seeing who is our new chairman... 🏉🏉🏉UTT... 

Yes Barry I keep looking on here to see if there's any news of a new Chairman.

It's apparently only Les himself who has stated his intention to stand down from Chairmanship (at end of season awards night)....so am I right to assume Les is still on the board of Directors in a lesser role?

The club is currently drip feeding us news of signings, not a bad idea at all. What I do find somewhat strange is - who now adds the final 'rubber stamp' on these squad additions? 

During my years as a DP vol worker there was in the 'Chair' such as the late great Kevan Gorge, the late great Kenny Wilson, amongst others, who from what I can recall had control of club matters from their important top role....is anyone currently handling affairs in similar fashion?

1 hour ago, chromedome said:

Yes Barry I keep looking on here to see if there's any news of a new Chairman.

It's apparently only Les himself who has stated his intention to stand down from Chairmanship (at end of season awards night)....so am I right to assume Les is still on the board of Directors in a lesser role?

The club is currently drip feeding us news of signings, not a bad idea at all. What I do find somewhat strange is - who now adds the final 'rubber stamp' on these squad additions? 

During my years as a DP vol worker there was in the 'Chair' such as the late great Kevan Gorge, the late great Kenny Wilson, amongst others, who from what I can recall had control of club matters from their important top role....is anyone currently handling affairs in similar fashion?

There's a shareholder meeting I think it's December 8th so nothing will be sorted unto then on new directors or the Chairman post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

Of course you can lad, but somehow you always turn every thread round to something todo with Whitehaven- every times.

Yea I started to comment about haven because haven was brought up on here like you would on a haven forum if you wer a town fan was only an opinion marra