2022 signings

Evs62

19 hours ago, Derwent Park SC said:

Barrow island have posted that Blaine has rejoined them. 

I can’t see anywhere that Blain has joined Barrow Island, they have posted on Facebook recently that Dean Marwood has rejoined the coaching staff, Blain is on the squad list of current players on the Town website which seems up to date. 

Blain is one of the best support players I have seen at Town for a lot of years and really hope he is on board and gets a bit more game time.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, bobg said:

I can’t see anywhere that Blain has joined Barrow Island, they have posted on Facebook recently that Dean Marwood has rejoined the coaching staff, Blain is on the squad list of current players on the Town website which seems up to date. 

Blain is one of the best support players I have seen at Town for a lot of years and really hope he is on board and gets a bit more game time.

They’ve posted it on Instagram. 

2 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Why would a town fan go on a Haven forum....🤔🤔

I do, Why shouldn't town fans go on the Haven site? I have supported our club for over 50+ years and will support them until have leave this earth.There are many of Town supporters who are members of a lot other sites so why not Haven.I respect your right to not go on the Haven site,but please do not question member of Towns Forum just because he follows Whitehaven.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, anok4u said:

I reckon doran is going to get found out this year if he doesn't shed some timber!

Oh I don't know, he seems pretty fit to me, does OK for pace, speed of thought and don't think I've ever seen him get flattened? 

On 20/11/2021 at 11:23, Havenfan13 said:

That’s what I meant u won promotion all be it with a blip and some games lost you probs should have won but that league last year was easy to get out of some very poor sides in you and barrow wer the stand outs but I said even after the final against Doncaster the standard was very poor from both sides and nowhere near championship level and either side will struggle massively if nothing is done and from what I’ve seen so far you haven’t got any real players of championship standard brought in maybe a couple from Newcastle and relying on amateurs and I’m just being honest I want u to stay up in this league as our derby games are brilliant and the area needs it I just hope you pull some irons out the fire soon marra 

The championship 1 that haven won was easier than last seasons but that's just my opinion There isn't a sane Town fan who doesn't worry that next season could be a nightmare, remaining in championship 1 wasn't an option for the club due to the threat of defunding. Haven were brilliant last year absolutely no one could see them reaching the play offs at the start of the season. I think most haven fans have erased the previous season from their memory,basically Covid saved them from finishing bottom with a meagre points total going by the games that were played. Bottom of the league and losing at home to both of the other relegation favourites, both in front of crowds of 400 or less. The Covid break helped them re-group and bolster the squad. We can only hope that we can be competitive in the majority of our games and that our floating support stays with us when the going gets tough.

Petula Clarke singing Down Town on the radio while typing this 😱 hope it's not an omen. 🙏🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

The championship 1 that haven won was easier than last seasons but that's just my opinion There isn't a sane Town fan who doesn't worry that next season could be a nightmare, remaining in championship 1 wasn't an option for the club due to the threat of defunding. Haven were brilliant last year absolutely no one could see them reaching the play offs at the start of the season. I think most haven fans have erased the previous season from their memory,basically Covid saved them from finishing bottom with a meagre points total going by the games that were played. Bottom of the league and losing at home to both of the other relegation favourites, both in front of crowds of 400 or less. The Covid break helped them re-group and bolster the squad. We can only hope that we can be competitive in the majority of our games and that our floating support stays with us when the going gets tough.

Petula Clarke singing Down Town on the radio while typing this 😱 hope it's not an omen. 🙏🤣

You’re right Unicon Covid and lockdown did save us. Not sure about your comments regarding when we won L1 but there you go. What we do have in common as it appears to be happening at Town is a willingness to show loyalty to the team that got you promoted. All very admirable but as Haven found it didn’t work. I only saw Town and other L1 games in the play offs on the our League app but what I noticed straight away was how slow and cumbersome it looked compared to the Championship. All games I watched were error strewn. It is a big step up and players get found out very easy so you need to adapt to the speed and intensity fairly quickly. There are no teams like West Wales etc in the Championship that intensity will be there every week. I hope I’m wrong and those players can and do step up for you. In 2020 it was obvious it was going to be a long, hard season and that was a depressing thought. I wish you well and hope that loyalty is rewarded. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Without doubt Haven had a very credible finish last season in the championship and you can only beat whats in front of you but a  bit of perspective is needed regarding the championship last season. It will be tougher this season coming. 

52 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

You’re right Unicon Covid and lockdown did save us. Not sure about your comments regarding when we won L1 but there you go. What we do have in common as it appears to be happening at Town is a willingness to show loyalty to the team that got you promoted. All very admirable but as Haven found it didn’t work. I only saw Town and other L1 games in the play offs on the our League app but what I noticed straight away was how slow and cumbersome it looked compared to the Championship. All games I watched were error strewn. It is a big step up and players get found out very easy so you need to adapt to the speed and intensity fairly quickly. There are no teams like West Wales etc in the Championship that intensity will be there every week. I hope I’m wrong and those players can and do step up for you. In 2020 it was obvious it was going to be a long, hard season and that was a depressing thought. I wish you well and hope that loyalty is rewarded. 

You say we have a willingness to show loyalty to the team that got us promoted like it’s our chosen strategy  but it’s a case of beggars can’t be choosers to some degree. I have faith in the promoted squad ,the togetherness they’ve created & also the coaching staff but as we & haven know we can’t just go pick up 6-8 new players from outside the county that are proven champ level because we either just get knocked back for clubs closer to where they’re based or we have to throw big money around which isn’t possible for that many players so we have what we hold & have to try & build it up gradually all on the knife edge of trying to stay in the league. Not easy but we’ll give it a good go 👊🏼

2 hours ago, Marrafan said:

Fully agree that’s what I’ve been trying to say and I too hope it comes good for town as we need both of us in the same league

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Without doubt Haven had a very credible finish last season in the championship and you can only beat whats in front of you but a  bit of perspective is needed regarding the championship last season. It will be tougher this season coming. 

So you are saying we only finished sixth because it was a poor Championship this season? Just as Unicorn said League One was easier when we won it. L1 was more difficult this season when you got promoted and the Championship will be tougher next year when you are in. I don’t expect you to praise Haven but to say the Championship standard last season was poor by saying “you can only beat what’s in front of you” is laughable. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

So you are saying we only finished sixth because it was a poor Championship this season? Just as Unicorn said League One was easier when we won it. L1 was more difficult this season when you got promoted and the Championship will be tougher next year when you are in. I don’t expect you to praise Haven but to say the Championship standard last season was poor by saying “you can only beat what’s in front of you” is laughable. 

Swinton and Oldham were way out of their depth and more or less guaranteed survival for a number of clubs. Newcastle didn't find out they were going up until late on. York invested but just didn't click, widnes were a shadow of what they've been in the past and the pandemic stopped the supply of fringe players/youngsters from SL clubs to some of the Yorkshire championship clubs. As I say it was a  credible finish for Haven but perspective needed IMHO. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The past doesn't matter, it's all about 2022 and the derby is one I expect to be close as ever but we owe the haven.

Saying that remember us having a great championship season getting into the playoffs and then getting caught with the second season curse let's hope it doesn't happen to the haven.

Hope we all stay up though. All 3 clubs in this division is what we need on a regular basis.

Any word on Jessie Joe Parker this season? Has he retired or looking for another club weather that be amateur or semi pro?

8 minutes ago, town4me said:

Swinton and Oldham were way out of their depth and more or less guaranteed survival for a number of clubs. Newcastle didn't find out they were going up until late on. York invested but just didn't click, widnes were a shadow of what they've been in the past and the pandemic stopped the supply of fringe players/youngsters from SL clubs to some of the Yorkshire championship clubs. As I say it was a  credible finish for Haven but perspective needed IMHO. 

So two teams that beat us in 2020 were way out of their depth in 2021. A team that had invested heavily just didn’t click. Plenty of Yorkshire clubs availed themselves of the loan system that was available to all clubs. Swinton were no easy beats as a number of teams, including Toulouse, found out so to say they were out of their depth shows a lack of knowledge of what the competition was like. You’ve tried to rubbish four teams that were below us, there were another four including full timers London. We beat three of the five teams above us and ran Fev close for 60 minutes on their own ground with half a team and two players who had never played league before. No doubt you thought Batley, Bradford and Halifax were poor as well.

• Like 3