2022 signings

Evs62

6 minutes ago, town2018 said:

If you honestly think that a kids Halloween party and coaching camp for kids is keeping the fans interested then your doing a great job 👏 🤣

I'm taking nothing away from the work that probably goes on at the club kids party's and coaching camps are excellent for the club and the future but they will not keep fans interested

As from now I won't be commenting on the club as yous have obviously got things in hand 

Strange how those are the only 2 things you mention and not all the other things from the list, almost as if you're cherry picking to show things in the worst light possible....

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dkw said:

Strange how those are the only 2 things you mention and not all the other things from the list, almost as if you're cherry picking to show things in the worst light possible....

Not at all but because I've already said in previous messages that there has been some good work from the club but a Halloween party it keep the fans interested just doesn't cut it sorry 

The club is in a bad place at the minute and it doesn't help with delusional fans praising the club for literally anything no loyal town fan can say they are happy with the squad at the minute or the lack off info we have going into the new season 

11 minutes ago, town2018 said:

If you honestly think that a kids Halloween party and coaching camp for kids is keeping the fans interested then your doing a great job 👏 🤣

I'm taking nothing away from the work that probably goes on at the club kids party's and coaching camps are excellent for the club and the future but they will not keep fans interested

As from now I won't be commenting on the club as yous have obviously got things in hand 

Wow!

The kids clubs and initiatives are EXACTLY whats been missing in years gone by. They're the future, they're the ones who will get their parents to take them to the games, get their parents to buy the new merchandise etc. This along with the relationships with the community clubs has been excellent. It rubs people up the wrong way having such consistent negative comments on how the club is ran, and not offering any services to possibly improve it. 

Keep up the good work Graeme! Yours and everyone else's hard work isn't lost on me and the majority of genuine fans. 

33 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Wow!

The kids clubs and initiatives are EXACTLY whats been missing in years gone by. They're the future, they're the ones who will get their parents to take them to the games, get their parents to buy the new merchandise etc. This along with the relationships with the community clubs has been excellent. It rubs people up the wrong way having such consistent negative comments on how the club is ran, and not offering any services to possibly improve it. 

Keep up the good work Graeme! Yours and everyone else's hard work isn't lost on me and the majority of genuine fans. 

It's unbelievably short sighted mocking initiatives to get kids involved in the club. Look at the reds giving away season tickets, if only 5% take it up and bring paying adults then it will have a great impact on attendances and finances 

42 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Not at all but because I've already said in previous messages that there has been some good work from the club but a Halloween party it keep the fans interested just doesn't cut it sorry 

The club is in a bad place at the minute and it doesn't help with delusional fans praising the club for literally anything no loyal town fan can say they are happy with the squad at the minute or the lack off info we have going into the new season 

You are either on the wind up and trying to stoke the fire for a reaction, or you genuinely have an unreasonable expectation of the club.

What information exactly do you think Graeme and the club should have made public already? 

Why is the club in a bad place?

Why are the fans that have more patience than you delusional? 

If the league was to start in a two weeks I wouldn't be happy with the squad but its not, its two months. As for the info, I am happy up to press as I'm sure it will be shared when the time is right.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Why did we go and get promoted … its been more bloody trouble than its worth ! 

Seriously though ,  for any grumbles we may have , to say the club is in a ‘ bad place ‘ is frankly ridiculous . I and many others have seen us in a bad place in years past . Now we’ve a great coach , lots of good local talent , people working their socks off down there who will be busting a gut to get us as competitive as possible within our means - they aren’t stupid , good numbers coming down again and , err ,there was one more thing i forgot … oh yes , we just got promoted , won a trophy and gave me one of my best days in ages with memories that will long last .

21 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

You are either on the wind up and trying to stoke the fire for a reaction, or you genuinely have an unreasonable expectation of the club.

What information exactly do you think Graeme and the club should have made public already? 

Why is the club in a bad place?

Why are the fans that have more patience than you delusional? 

If the league was to start in a two weeks I wouldn't be happy with the squad but its not, its two months. As for the info, I am happy up to press as I'm sure it will be shared when the time is right.

Hes the same "town fan" that guaranteed Fitzt had signed for the jam, and when it was announced that Matty Henson had signed moaned that the jam are better at announcing players because they announced some signings a few days after their fans talked about them on a forum. Of course he's a big town fan though....honest.

The majority of us know  the board,volunteers and chris etc. Are doing the best they can for the club. But we are allways goner get couple of people who are so negative(or wind ups) etc. Just hope i am not standing beside them if they do go to matches next season

6 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

I understand some of you want all the squad, shirts, chairman etc done and dusted, and I suppose in a perfect world so would us all,  including Chris. Being critical of the club is a bit premature though isn't it?

Although I'm making some of this up maybe because our chairman is stepping down, we were the last to know what league we were playing in, and because our directors are part time volunteers, we are a bit behind ideally we would like to be. But what if the home kit hasn't been announced because the main sponsor is linked to who will be the new chairman and they are bringing the sponsorship with them or they want to wait until sufficient replica shirts are available in stock to buy? What if some player targets have been missed out on so others are being spoken to, or others are in place as loan deals which we can't announce yet? What if the club were say we were looking to sign a player and this alerted other clubs closer to where the player lived and we lost him because they made him an offer? Remember what happened to Mick Jenkins? 

If we get to a fortnight from the start of the season and we are still no further on then the club deserves some criticism but I'd be surprised if the next fortnight doesn't see things become sorted. UTT.

What happened to mick Jenkins?

3 hours ago, troutmaster said:

MODERATOR:

Say what you feel TBW, You are a member of the Town Forum and can express your feelings just like anyone else.(Troutmaster)I understand your frustration at not much news coming from our club,It is a difficult time at the club for our Directors but I am utterly convinced they will be working hard to put a team out on Derwent Park. I am sure Chris will find the players he  needs before the first game of the season,So express your feelings and frustrations TBW and there is many more fans going through the same situation has you are.. 

Thank you troutmaster appreciate that 👍

1 hour ago, havenhater said:

What happened to mick Jenkins?

As I remember and feel free anyone to put me right, Town fans got wind of Newcastle being interested in one of our players and issued a few hands off our Mick messages to them. Newcastle hadn't been after Mick but changed their minds after seeing the stir it caused and signed him.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

From the outside looking in you can see this discussion from both sides really, I can see why some believe that Thorman and the board will have things in place and the need for patience, on the other hand I can see why some would call for news to be released as the season is just over a month away and everyone else has their squads pretty much sorted. I'm sure whenever signings/news is announced it'll be positive but I'd of thought personally that a few more signings would of been announced by now for you guys.

Welcome to the club on a permanent deal. I watched some you tube footage of him last season after we got him on loan and he looked a really useful player, ran way above his weight. Look forward to seeing him progress under Chris. 

2 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Welcome to the club on a permanent deal. I watched some you tube footage of him last season after we got him on loan and he looked a really useful player, ran way above his weight. Look forward to seeing him progress under Chris. 

Ooh that’s rule number one , don’t go on YouTube footage . He didn’t seem to figure much for Oldham so he’s a bit of an unknown really , but you go with what Chris is looking at 

4 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Looked to lack a bit of fitness last season, hope he has a good pre season, Chris must rate him to sign him on so best of luck to the lad

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Ooh that’s rule number one , don’t go on YouTube footage . He didn’t seem to figure much for Oldham so he’s a bit of an unknown really , but you go with what Chris is looking at 

Yes you’re right David, but having broken that golden rule I was impressed with him running the ball. He had a good upbringing at saints and Wigan so hopefully gets himself fit and has a good year. 

Archived