2022 signings

Evs62

some silly arguments on here over the last couple of days. 

Both good young players but my worry, probably shared by many supporters of lower league clubs, is that without an A Team these lads will quickly become disillusioned without regular game time and drift back into the amateur ranks or get fed up and walk away completely.

That isn't a criticism of the club, signing young players has, and always will be the way forward, but its a systematic failure of the RFL's policies over the last 20 years which has got the game into the position of clubs on occasion of not having enough players to fill a bench on a matchday

• Like 3

It's a catch 22 for the clubs, they need young players coming up through the squad, squad depth now is more needed than ever before, but there is no way of keeping them match ready, there's no A team as you say. It's a ridiculous situation. 

• Like 2

I have absolutely no issues with bringing these young lads in, just because players have an aussie accent doesn't make them any better. In the past we have spent a lot of money on some real duck eggs. (I know we have also had some real gems too before someone points it out) If these young lads have the right attitude they will do for me. Give them some experience and they will pay you back in spades. If we can add a bit of muscle in the middles then I'm confident Chris will get the best out of them and surprise a few. I'm in no doubt we will be big favourites for relegation, but I never thought we would get promoted before the start of last season. Haven & Barrow have different strategies and obviously bigger budgets, let them crack on.

My big worries are building for the chairman & the main shirt sponsor. Big revenue lost for the Xmas present sales of home shirts. Let's hope it's resolved quickly as I thought the shareholders meeting would result in the announcements. I know they will be sworn to secrecy but can any of the shareholders confirm if it was talked about or should we worry?

• Like 1

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

2 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

I have absolutely no issues with bringing these young lads in, just because players have an aussie accent doesn't make them any better. In the past we have spent a lot of money on some real duck eggs. (I know we have also had some real gems too before someone points it out) If these young lads have the right attitude they will do for me. Give them some experience and they will pay you back in spades. If we can add a bit of muscle in the middles then I'm confident Chris will get the best out of them and surprise a few. I'm in no doubt we will be big favourites for relegation, but I never thought we would get promoted before the start of last season. Haven & Barrow have different strategies and obviously bigger budgets, let them crack on.

My big worries are building for the chairman & the main shirt sponsor. Big revenue lost for the Xmas present sales of home shirts. Let's hope it's resolved quickly as I thought the shareholders meeting would result in the announcements. I know they will be sworn to secrecy but can any of the shareholders confirm if it was talked about or should we worry?

Well said the home shirts etc are been picked up today by two excellent volunteers in time for Xmas presents.. Everything else Chairman and so on is work in progress hopefully will be sorted shortly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Voodooguru said:

Nero posted this last week.......There hasn't been a new chairman appointed just yet, the shareholders don't normally appoint a chairman anyway, the directors do. John Pleasants is doing the chairman's job in the interim until a suitable candidate is elected. The BoD is a small but enthusiastic group who are doing a great job under trying circumstances & I have every confidence they will move the club forward. Regarding the team, which is what the supporters are really interested in, the interim chairman said the BoD & Chris are confident that on Jan 30th Town will have the playing staff to compete well in the championship, but that was a general comment specific players were not mentioned. One thing that was clear though, the club could not survive without the hard working band of volunteers & they could do with more, so if anyone can spare a couple of hours a week to help the club, they will be gratefully received. I'm sure that when there is some firm news, it will be published on here & in the press.

Edited by chromedome

On 19/12/2021 at 19:52, town4me said:

Our friend from up the road said we were petering on the edge of "distinction" lol

If we do face extinction like he tried to say then at least we do so knowing our club competed with distinction in periods of its proud history. He's right about being a troll, he's up there with Billy Bob and Neutral fan, very sad individuals who weren't posting much at the beginning of the season and even less in early 2020 when they were getting beat every week in front of less than 400 fans. They are one of the reasons  I don't come on here as often. Not good for my blood pressure.😱 We don't need the likes of them to tell us we aren't in the best of positions, we are Townies who have ridden the roller-coaster for many a yea but we always live in hope that things will get better Going down to pick my season ticket up today👍 😎 UTT 💙💙

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

If we do face extinction like he tried to say then at least we do so knowing our club competed with distinction in periods of its proud history. He's right about being a troll, he's up there with Billy Bob and Neutral fan, very sad individuals who weren't posting much at the beginning of the season and even less in early 2020 when they were getting beat every week in front of less than 400 fans. They are one of the reasons  I don't come on here as often. Not good for my blood pressure.😱 We don't need the likes of them to tell us we aren't in the best of positions, we are Townies who have ridden the roller-coaster for many a yea but we always live in hope that things will get better Going down to pick my season ticket up today👍 😎 UTT 💙💙

Why have I been brought into this 😂

Been talking to someone with connections to the club and they reassured me we are well away from going under, the team are training the house down and will be all systems go come the start of the season. This is actual fact and not jambo fiction...UTT

• Like 9

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

Is there scientific evidence for this …

Yes, this was confirmed by Einstein,s scientific white paper on the on the Origin of Species confirming  that Unicorns can propagate and multiply.                                            However, our above comrade Unuchorn cannot breed due to the fact his equipment is deficient, although he may develop a pair when he grow up.

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

Yes, this was confirmed by Einstein,s scientific white paper on the on the Origin of Species confirming  that Unicorns can propagate and multiply.                                            However, our above comrade Unuchorn cannot breed due to the fact his equipment is deficient, although he may develop a pair when he grow up.

😂

Whereas you struggle to reproduce as your sexual appendage is on your head..

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, havenhater said:

Wonder if there will be any Christmas crackers 

🤞🤞🤞🤞

Edited by anok4u

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

On 21/12/2021 at 21:00, Billy Bob said:

😂

Einstein and the Origin of the Species 🤔 Oh dear. 🙄🤣

Merry Christmas you daft troll. 🤣

On 24/12/2021 at 17:01, Peter Winthorpe said:

Still hoping that there will be the announcement of a couple of big lumps on loan, for Christmas.

Think you are right, a couple of big experienced lumps are the order of the day, 

3 hours ago, town2018 said:

Does anyone know what the crack is will elliot yet as he is still on the squad list on the website but no word on weather he is stating or not 

Last i heard they were having talks as he was the highest earner so it would depend if he wanted to carry on trying to be fit and if he would accept a reduced deal. I hope he does as he's one of the best players outside SL for me.

• Like 1