2022 signings

Evs62

19 hours ago, townie88 said:

That's what he was saying. Academy game, the women have training on it and the 1st team. All.before the match on Sunday. Hope it holds up to allow both teams and fans to have a good game

That's a bit daft letting teams training on the pitch prior to the first competitive game of the season, surely you would want the pitch in decent condition for this game.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Derwent, that must be the game  though thought it was a bit earlier.

Yes it was a cracking game despite no points, both Haven and Town slogged it out in the mud  till a draw was the best result.

Peter Dover had a hotly disputed try ruled out for Haven

1 hour ago, JMB said:

That's a bit daft letting teams training on the pitch prior to the first competitive game of the season, surely you would want the pitch in decent condition for this game.  

I'd say an academy league game comes before a friendly run out, since when was a Pre season workout with trialists and fringe players rotation the first competitive game? 

4 hours ago, Brookie said:

I was at the Kendal v Reds football match a couple of weeks ago, met a lad from Seaton, he'd had a few beers. He told me that they'd signed Jesse Joe Parker and 3 Aussies, but keep it quiet.

Of course they have and they're keeping it a secret so the fans don't get too excited and spend all their money on season tickets and merch.

57 minutes ago, pmac said:

Two great results away to WH were the 2 trys by ken Kerr game , and the 36 .10 drubbing 93/94 season after they beat us at home 

If I remember correctly the 36-10 game was played on a freezing night under the rec floodlights and our lightening centre Tuimavave totally destroyed the Haven defence.

Wish my memory was as good as you lads of the 93 boxing day 0 all draw.

I had moved through work to Caithness in the Highlands for work and had a chance to see a Town game, and the only one over the holidays was at Haven. So endured the slog fest as my aging brain remembers as a good game regardless of no score. Killed too many brain cells since then to recall any details.

Where is aSeaton Sandy these days  used to enjoy his posts a couple of years back.,?

16 hours ago, Alineden said:

Of course they have and they're keeping it a secret so the fans don't get too excited and spend all their money on season tickets and merch.

Alex Gerrard & Ryan Hampshire are still without a club, I'm sure they will come cheap too. Just saying.............

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

29 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

Alex Gerrard & Ryan Hampshire are still without a club, I'm sure they will come cheap too. Just saying.............

Ryan Hampshire would be fantastic but according to his agent ..... “It’s Super League or bust for him – I don’t think he would want to play Championship and he’s made that quite clear."

12 hours ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Wish my memory was as good as you lads of the 93 boxing day 0 all draw.

I had moved through work to Caithness in the Highlands for work and had a chance to see a Town game, and the only one over the holidays was at Haven. So endured the slog fest as my aging brain remembers as a good game regardless of no score. Killed too many brain cells since then to recall any details.

Where is aSeaton Sandy these days  used to enjoy his posts a couple of years back.,?

Lifetime ban maybe 🙂

10 minutes ago, havenhater said:

Can't beleive a catalans or leigh havnt  snapped up Hampshire.

We can only dream he just wants to play rugby and we could possibly offer him a role  man if buffer or doran were injured.

Gerard a big prop which we do desire.

Theres 2 sides to signing any player, do we the club want him, does the player want to come here. Its always been difficult getting lancs/yorks players up here and always will be unfortunately. Both those players would be more than welcome in our squad, both those players will be also likely have loads of offers we will struggle to compete with, both financially and situationally.

14 minutes ago, havenhater said:

If they have had loads of offers how comes they havnt been snapped up? Well officially anyways.

I would be very surprised if these 2 players haven't had offers, and in Hampshires case hes openly said he has turned down offers as he wants to play in SL.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/ryan-hampshire-future-latest-as-super-league-move-looms-45611/