2022 signings

Evs62

19 hours ago, town blue said:

If I remember correctly the 36-10 game was played on a freezing night under the rec floodlights and our lightening centre Tuimavave totally destroyed the Haven defence.

Paddy destroyed many a defence, has to be one of best centres i have seen in any side over 50 odd years i have been  following Town.

Maybe not as quick as some i have seen but definately one of the best football brains, opened up defences like a tin opener.

20 hours ago, town blue said:

If I remember correctly the 36-10 game was played on a freezing night under the rec floodlights and our lightening centre Tuimavave totally destroyed the Haven defence.

Hello Guys....Happy New Year to all........The 36-10 win at Whitehaven was on 11/4/93 (Easter Sunday afternoon) it was indeed memorable regarding Mark Mulligans excellent solo weaving run to score...attendance was 3807.

The win under the recre floodlights was on Thursday 3/1/91...Tuimavave played in this match and Ken Kerr scored two tries...one from a peach of a pass from Alan McMullen as he was being felled by a Haven defender..and Town won it 29-6...attendance was 1991.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, chromedome said:

Hello Guys....Happy New Year to all........The 36-10 win at Whitehaven was on 11/4/93 (Easter Sunday afternoon) it was indeed memorable regarding Mark Mulligans excellent solo weaving run to score...attendance was 3807.

The win under the recre floodlights was on Thursday 3/1/91...Tuimavave played in this match and Ken Kerr scored two tries...one from a peach of a pass from Alan McMullen as he was being felled by a Haven defender..and Town won it 29-6...attendance was 1991.

The Easter Sunday game had Towns biggest ever following that I've seen at the wreck,probably 3k at least. Haven were struggling at the yime and they didn't have much support at the game. Mulligans try and Buck scoring and kissing the badge at the Kells end were the best memories  I'm sure that game was originally called off on Boxing day, remember sitting in the pub waiting for our bus when the news came through. We were taking a massive support that day , we were all gutted it was called off.

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

I'm sure that game was originally called off on Boxing day, remember sitting in the pub waiting for our bus when the news came through. We were taking a massive support that day , we were all gutted it was called off.

No on Boxing day that season we played Whitehaven at Derwent Park and lost to them 12-20....attendance was 4,300.

6 days earlier we had played Wigan at home in the Regal Trophy losing 12-24 in front of 7682 speccies.

28 minutes ago, chromedome said:

No on Boxing day that season we played Whitehaven at Derwent Park and lost to them 12-20....attendance was 4,300.

6 days earlier we had played Wigan at home in the Regal Trophy losing 12-24 in front of 7682 speccies.

Was that when Oggy got sent off ? Could have sworn that one was Good Frday....its an age thing. 🤔 Deffo had one called off on Boxing Day when we were going well under Walsh  🤔

1 minute ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Was that when Oggy got sent off ? Could have sworn that one was Good Frday....its an age thing. 🤔 Deffo had one called off on Boxing Day when we were going well under Walsh  🤔

Oggy got sent off on Good Friday 1/4/94........he accidentally caught Lee Kiddies collar early in the game.....12 man Town hung on while winning 4-3 (Paul Burns try for Town) until in the closing stages David Seeds scored from the clear overlap to make it 4-7..crowd was 5,404...... I remember the Radio Cumbria commentator the late great Ron Morgan giving me some grief post match.......a bad Friday that was.

Maybe the postponed Boxing Day match was when we won at the recre 29-6 on 3/1/91 ????

2 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Oggy got sent off on Good Friday 1/4/94........he accidentally caught Lee Kiddies collar early in the game.....12 man Town hung on while winning 4-3 (Paul Burns try for Town) until in the closing stages David Seeds scored from the clear overlap to make it 4-7..crowd was 5,404...... I remember the Radio Cumbria commentator the late great Ron Morgan giving me some grief post match.......a bad Friday that was.

Maybe the postponed Boxing Day match was when we won at the recre 29-6 on 3/1/91 ????

It was, pishing down, 2 sent off and King Kenny sliding in from 25m out at the Kells end where we were standing. 😍 

5 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

It was, pishing down, 2 sent off and King Kenny sliding in from 25m out at the Kells end where we were standing. 😍 

Yep a wet Thursday night.....that's when Alan McMullen sent Ken in for a great try..and I remember standing in the Kells end too....the Haven fans were saying Kerr had touched down too early and try shouldn't count...it was brilliant to hear ha, ha,ha.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, chromedome said:

Yep a wet Thursday night.....that's when Alan McMullen sent Ken in for a great try..and I remember standing in the Kells end too....the Haven fans were saying Kerr had touched down too early and try shouldn't count...it was brilliant to hear ha, ha,ha.

Yeh I heard the same from them...comedy gold.  🤣

10 minutes ago, Town utd said:

sorry but town need some fire power,not another hooker,Dec did a good job last season but we need powerful runner's if town have money for player's

Runners need someone to put them through the gaps though

5 minutes ago, town4me said:

Can he play at 13 too?

He played at 13 several times, it means we have options to sometimes move Dec to hooker, and another to loose. He's ideal in the squad.

Wouldnt mind seeing him in the second row too, running out wide could suit him.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, town4me said:

I would just like to see a  big unit come in to strengthen the front row

Definitely . If we get O’Donnell then fair enough , good player , and we’ve got Henson / Simons at hooker , Dawson / O’Brien who can play at the back of the scrum , whereas we have guys in the middle punching above their size but there’s gonna be some really tough yards this season against massive packs and we’re crying out for a big unit to help bear the load . Even on Sunday I thought we saw that trying to cart the ball out our end