2022 signings

Evs62

31 minutes ago, wonky said:

According to rugby league daily were linked with Anthony gelling, along with most other championship clubs 

Still a very good player who would do plenty of damage in the Championship,despite his off field shenanigans.probably end up at Leigh.

Edited by Davo5

38 minutes ago, Brookie said:

I remember his one game for us against Sheffield. They were terrified of him

Yes I remember that, he is a very good player with a bit of X factor about him. But even if we could afford him and he wanted to come, Chris, quite rightly in my view, seems to want to make sure that any signings fit well into the squad. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, town2018 said:

Great signing and alot off strength in depth in hooker  and loose forward who can also fill in at second row now just to add a big battering ram and we're looking very good 

I wonder if the overseas player we’re after is just that. 

• Like 1

Got to admit I was gutted when he left, his enthusiasm and will to win will be valuable this year. Great to see him back and also Chris’s explanation about how he’ll be used. Is he available this week as he got a 1 match ban after the final and not sure if London had any friendlies that would count for it. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Be surprised to see us get a 'battering ram' prop. Chris has said multiple times he doesn't see the game that way anymore.

Not sure about that personally , as i think just  about every other team will show . Youve still got to make the yardage  and lay a platform , so we’ll see how it goes at this level 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Not sure about that personally , as i think just  about every other team will show . Youve still got to make the yardage  and lay a platform , so we’ll see how it goes at this level 

Exactly yes the game has changed and sped up alot but the use off battering rams could still be a massive asset if used right 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I agree with everyone on here. I'd like to see us bring one in. Just pointing out chris has said more than once how he doesn't see the need.

3 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

I'm all for going against the crowd, just because the majority does it or believes it doesn't make it right but if not having big "middles" works then he's re-invented rugby league. I'd still take an Ollie Wilkes all day long.

I’d take an Ollie Wilkes all day too, but I’d draw the line at a thug like LMS.