Renewed interest in Rugby League

I saw Wally Lewis and co in the 1980s and that really hooked me on Rugby League. Then when I started to move around England for various reasons I started to promote the game that I thought was sooo good.  I was so disappointed by the reaction from people in the non heartland areas.  I thought this game was the greatest better than soccer.  At university I got so much stick from Rugby Union people I felt so demoralised.  Then I came back to Yorkshire. I can see some parallels with Brexit.  When Toronto got kicked out I felt Rugby League didnt want progression they want Leigh and Featherstone .Anti French sentiment sounds like a cover for Brexit. I trying not to give up on Rugby League but have had enough with this inward looking sport. I tried to promote the game based on the fantastic Aussies of the 1980s.  I have been verbally assaulted by the union mob at university when I talked about the hyprocasy of union

.I love France and  Toulouse and  Catalan winning gave me hope.  Otherwise if the small minded get their way that's me definitely finished.  

A strong France will galvanised the game in Europe. 

People are beginning to see that union is like the Emporers new clothes and are starting to see that it is dross.

But you are right it is insular thinking that is our weakness.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

A strong France should be galvanising the sport in their own Country. SL and the RFL have assisted in that at costs to our own clubs. If France in the form of Catalans and now Toulouse towing the line can’t improve matters, it’s not really down to our fault.

3 minutes ago, Paul Kempster said:

I think those people are starting to lose the argument.  Just like another political issue that I won't say. But I do think Brexit reflects some in Rugby.  But if that's what they want ok

have you used the internet before or is this your first day of connection?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Tabby said:

A strong France should be galvanising the sport in their own Country. SL and the RFL have assisted in that at costs to our own clubs. If France in the form of Catalans and now Toulouse towing the line can’t improve matters, it’s not really down to our fault.

Bloody foreigners! 😂 #localgameforlocalpeople

1 hour ago, Paul Kempster said:

I think those people are starting to lose the argument.  Just like another political issue that I won't say. But I do think Brexit reflects some in Rugby.  But if that's what they want ok

Sorry, but we don't allow political comment in our Rugby League forums.

It causes too much aggro.

If you wish to restart the topic, please keep it Rugby League related and without referencing external political topics.

Thanks.

Archived