ULEZ & Skolars

BJW

Word of warning for spectators. From Monday 25th October 2021 New River Stadium falls within the expanded Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) and if your vehicle qualifies it'll cost you an extra £12.50 minimum to drive there.

This is NOT the congestion charge but a separate fee and if not paid within a set time attracts a £160 PCN (reducing to £80 in some circumstances).

See here for more details - https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/ulez-expansion

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

2 minutes ago, BJW said:

Word of warning for spectators. From Monday 25th October 2021 New River Stadium falls within the expanded Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) and if your vehicle qualifies it'll cost you an extra £12.50 minimum to drive there.

This is NOT the congestion charge but a separate fee and if not paid within a set time attracts a £160 PCN (reducing to £80 in some circumstances).

See here for more details - https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/ulez-expansion

No place for flat caps , woodbines and whippets then. Is this what they call ' levelling up ' in the Sarf 

14 hours ago, BJW said:

It's an absolute pile of s*** . Brentford's stadium for London Irish affected too

The congestion charges are now all days too instead of mon-sat

We used to drive to the London museums as a Sunday day out (free parking as well) and maybe have a walk on the south bank . The cheap and cheerful nature of it destroyed ...entirely a money making venture and f** all to do with congestion or clean air 

15 hours ago, BJW said:

Not quite sure what cars fall under it as, apparently, the guzzling diesel SUV I swapped earlier this year would still not fall foul of it.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Looks like it includes the Tottenham and Arsenal stadiums, where there are big RL games next season. Wembley is just outside the zone. 

From using the link, my vehicle is impacted - although my better half's is ok though.

2 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Looks like it includes the Tottenham and Arsenal stadiums, where there are big RL games next season. Wembley is just outside the zone. 

From using the link, my vehicle is impacted - although my better half's is ok though.

You can't park anywhere remotely near Spurs or Arsenal these days on a match day anyway, but the 'ends of the lines' are still outside the ULEZ so northerners who want to do the drive-park-tube thing can still do it. 

Real pain for Skolars though, my banged up old diesel doesn't pass, although to be fair, living south of London I've only been there twice. 

New Plough Lane is outside the ULEZ so OK for Broncos. Anyone know any parking that's walkable to NPL that's free on Sundays? 

1 hour ago, David Shepherd said:

Say what you like about northern pit villages, but there's ample free parking and our politicians have yet to cotton on to the massive amounts of cash you can rinse motorists for by praying at the altar of Saint Greta.

Its always bizarrely easy to park near the grounds up north i find. Even Headingly always has spaces as long I'm there early enough

Say what you like about northern pit villages, but there's ample free parking

This is surprisingly often the case in places where no one wants to go

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Say what you like about northern pit villages, but there's ample free parking and our politicians have yet to cotton on to the massive amounts of cash you can rinse motorists for by praying at the altar of Saint Greta.

This isn't about Greta, it's about people (and particularly kids) breathing , polluted air.

As GJ says you have to a pretty ancient car to fall foul of this anyway.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 hours ago, Just Browny said:

This isn't about Greta, it's about people (and particularly kids) breathing , polluted air.

As GJ says you have to a pretty ancient car to fall foul of this anyway.

Is 2015 ancient? My car does around 60mpg so hardly a gas guzzler. How often do you change your car? 

Mate's 2017 model falls foul when I ran his reg through the system. Is 4 or 6 years old 'pretty ancient'?

7 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Not quite sure what cars fall under it as, apparently, the guzzling diesel SUV I swapped earlier this year would still not fall foul of it.

Click on the link to TFL I posted as that tells you if you pay or not. There's another site (https://motorway.co.uk/ulez-checker) that tells you reason why you either pass or fail. Mine was on diesel emissions as classed as Euro 5 whilst needs to be Euro 6.

Euro 6 will be free to go, which means my big(ish) FiatDucato-based campervan is ok, even though it only gets about 30 mpg, yet my 2014 estate, which easily gets 40+mpg would cost me.

I need to do the maths. Hah.

eh?

13 hours ago, David Shepherd said:

12 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Its always bizarrely easy to park near the grounds up north i find. Even Headingly always has spaces as long I'm there early enough

Has anyone tried to park at Moor Lane Salford yet ?

And the electric car tax is only round the corner.......

10 hours ago, BJW said:

Is 2015 ancient? My car does around 60mpg so hardly a gas guzzler. How often do you change your car? 

Mate's 2017 model falls foul when I ran his reg through the system. Is 4 or 6 years old 'pretty ancient'?

Fair enough, maybe I should have been less euphemistic and said 'pretty polluting'.

My 10 year old car is fine with the restrictions and, living next to the South Circular, I am very happy for steps to be taken to protect my three year old's lungs.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

17 hours ago, BJW said:

Click on the link to TFL I posted as that tells you if you pay or not. There's another site (https://motorway.co.uk/ulez-checker) that tells you reason why you either pass or fail. Mine was on diesel emissions as classed as Euro 5 whilst needs to be Euro 6.

Diesel was the future a few years ago ........🙄

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Archived