Jump to content

Wayne Bennett confirmed as Dolphins coach


Recommended Posts


He’s a good signing for them, not for the on field coaching that he’ll do, but having his name alongside the Dolphins will help them to start signing players from other NRL clubs. I’m expecting their first signing to be a big name, which alongside Bennett will help them to bring in more players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

He’s a good signing for them, not for the on field coaching that he’ll do, but having his name alongside the Dolphins will help them to start signing players from other NRL clubs. I’m expecting their first signing to be a big name, which alongside Bennett will help them to bring in more players. 

Didn't he rate Makemson as a great winger - double raid on Saints at the end of next season for Makemson and Big Alex?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

the worst kept secret in RL has been announced publicly. 4 yrs!!!!! Wow. 

Giving him a 4 year contract is a great move. It shows that they care about long term goals and not just short term thinking.

It is similar to the 2030 plan that Gold Coast announced, it must be great to work in a sporting organisation that allows you to build something properly rather than judge you just on next week's result.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/10/20/building-titans-2030-roadmap-ceo-launches-strategic-plan/

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Didn't he rate Makemson as a great winger - double raid on Saints at the end of next season for Makemson and Big Alex?

It's going to be a real eye-opener on how Superleague is perceived in Australia. The NRL suddenly needs another 25 NRL standard players, either directly for the Dolphins, or to replace ones they nab. As much as we don't want to lose our best players, it'll be pretty disappointing if at least half a dozen UK players aren't in the mix. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Giving him a 4 year contract is a great move. It shows that they care about long term goals and not just short term thinking.

It is similar to the 2030 plan that Gold Coast announced, it must be great to work in a sporting organisation that allows you to build something properly rather than judge you just on next week's result.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2021/10/20/building-titans-2030-roadmap-ceo-launches-strategic-plan/

Healthcare plan thrown in? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Didn't he rate Makemson as a great winger - double raid on Saints at the end of next season for Makemson and Big Alex?

I suspect it will be to late in their careers to make the move. In 2023 Walmsley and Makinson will be 33 & 32 years old. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...