13 hours ago, RugbyLad said:

The council arnt building a community centre. It’s Bentleys own clubhouse. Plans can be found on the clubs newsletter that was posted on the Twitter and Facebook page. 

Full planning permission granted by the Council this month. For those who like a good read  Bentleys offer can be found on Doncaster Planning Applications website. It's a greenfield site and  the clubhouse building  car parking and field layout , landscaping etc  has been altered to accomodate that fact.

Voting on new NCL members closes at midday tomorrow. If successful Bentley will play out of and use all the facilities at Wheatley Hills RUFC till their own build is completed.

Draft fixtures will be issued for all NCL sides early next week for comment / alteration before being finalised and made public on or before 19th December

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, usain bolt said:

How have both clubs fared over the last few seasons? Nice to see new faces entering the ncl leagues, and showing ambition. Hope it goes well for both clubs. 

Seaton struggled in Cumbria league behind Distington and Elbra, think they have some good youth coming through but could take them a couple seasons to get going

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Seaton struggled in Cumbria league behind Distington and Elbra, think they have some good youth coming through but could take them a couple seasons to get going

To put my biased opinion across we finished 4th last season but drew with ellbra and beat Distington. We came across a very strong Wath Brow A team twice and had those games played out different would have been potentially top of the pile 

we have three of last years Workington Town squad back in our ranks and 90% of our squad is 24 years old and under and starting to mature nicely 

hopefully we get the green light and can show case our club in the NCL

2 minutes ago, usain bolt said:

Have Underbank dropped out of the ncl, only mentions 2 replacements for Askam and Gateshead 

NCL ran with 49 in last full season. Dropped to 46 prior to this vote.

If these two clubs are accepted NCL will return to 4 divisions of 12

18 minutes ago, del capo said:

NCL ran with 49 in last full season. Dropped to 46 prior to this vote.

If these two clubs are accepted NCL will return to 4 divisions of 12

But no mention of Underbank, just Askam and Gateshead, guess they've gone then, cheers.

24 minutes ago, usain bolt said:

But no mention of Underbank, just Askam and Gateshead, guess they've gone then, cheers.

Sorry Usain.

Yes

Underbank resigned  early november, citing facility and playing strength deficiencies as well as the loss of their influential 1st team coach.

It's all set out on their facebook page along with their future plans, They intend to regroup in the YML for next year. and leave with everyones best wishes.

The adjustment  subsequently made by Management has allowed Thornhill the choice to maintain  their premier status.

1 hour ago, Gillmeister80 said:

To put my biased opinion across we finished 4th last season but drew with ellbra and beat Distington. We came across a very strong Wath Brow A team twice and had those games played out different would have been potentially top of the pile 

we have three of last years Workington Town squad back in our ranks and 90% of our squad is 24 years old and under and starting to mature nicely 

hopefully we get the green light and can show case our club in the NCL

Ah didn't know all that mate, I had see that Brow had put out strong "A" teams out 😂! Glad another Cumbrian club is making the step up 

2 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Ah didn't know all that mate, I had see that Brow had put out strong "A" teams out 😂! Glad another Cumbrian club is making the step up 

Fingers crossed mate! We’ve worked hard on every aspect of the club to try and meet all the criteria hopefully we’ve done enough to be accepted 

On 02/12/2021 at 10:36, del capo said:

Full planning permission granted by the Council this month. For those who like a good read  Bentleys offer can be found on Doncaster Planning Applications website. It's a greenfield site and  the clubhouse building  car parking and field layout , landscaping etc  has been altered to accomodate that fact.

Voting on new NCL members closes at midday tomorrow. If successful Bentley will play out of and use all the facilities at Wheatley Hills RUFC till their own build is completed.

Draft fixtures will be issued for all NCL sides early next week for comment / alteration before being finalised and made public on or before 19th December

The greenfield site is their old ground that they used to play on for many years, it's easy to find as It's on the A19, it's a decent plot of land that had at least one other pitch (football) on it. Witty and Co have been doing a brilliant job and the turning point in their development could have been them going totally to summer and moving into Wheatley Hills RUFC ground, they have come a long way in the last decade.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Very positive comments by NCL regarding the 2 new sides with  Bentley - and the town of Doncaster now being included in the NCL family but at what cost?  A premier division side like Underbank have had to leave the league due to the coach moving (and finances) to Siddal. It does make me wonder what support underbank were offered from the NCL to allow them to continue representing Huddersfield who now have no NCL side.[

39 minutes ago, The knowledge said:

Very positive comments by NCL regarding the 2 new sides with  Bentley - and the town of Doncaster now being included in the NCL family but at what cost?  A premier division side like Underbank have had to leave the league due to the coach moving (and finances) to Siddal. It does make me wonder what support underbank were offered from the NCL to allow them to continue representing Huddersfield who now have no NCL side.[

Underbank's problems are explained on their facebook page. 

The NCL cannot be in the business of recruiting players or coaches for individual clubs nor directing NCL funds to any one side over others.

Underbank didn't ask for any other sort of help either. Clubs in the past have sought a lower level of competition within the NCL and had their requests granted.

It was a sad surprise that they just opted out altogether. What it does  perhaps emphasize though is the need to have a business plan , a second open age team  and a number of higher aged junior  sides.

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem to find, they seem to be a club that's growing from what I read.

They refused to pay a  £500 fine for failing a fixture.

Their Chair wrote in Jan 2015 that they had ' no intentions of gaining entry to the NCL in the future '  and renaged on a previously agreed payment of it by instalments.

I believe he is still with that club.

33 minutes ago, del capo said:

They refused to pay a  £500 fine for failing a fixture.

Their Chair wrote in Jan 2015 that they had ' no intentions of gaining entry to the NCL in the future '  and renaged on a previously agreed payment of it by instalments.

I believe he is still with that 

I'm surprise, I know one of their stalwarts and we talk at least once a week, he's goal has always been to return to the NCL 

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

Archived