New Coach ?

tms

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Closed season dramas eh? I love em. Nowt like a feeding frenzy to maintain the interest and keep us all involved. The best marketing going.

Love it!🤣🤣

Robin ,we've  MORE then enough to contend with at Barnsley , we support two reight clubs lol.

53 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I coached youth 1989-94.

I trained with the open age team when they first set up with Dobbo et al

Yeah played I played with with Dobbo et al the year before at the Bay Horse Landlord kicked us out because we had been in a cup final at Walton and when the coach got we got back we made too much noise and disturbed the ladies darts and dominoes 😂😂I ended up playing with some of my mates at Horbury. 

Went back to Crigg a couple of years later, was a good club and even got to play at POR with them.

1 minute ago, Cardypaul said:

Yeah played I played with with Dobbo et al the year before at the Bay Horse Landlord kicked us out because we had been in a cup final at Walton and when the coach got we got back we made too much noise and disturbed the ladies darts and dominoes 😂😂I ended up playing with some of my mates at Horbury. 

Went back to Crigg a couple of years later, was a good club and even got to play at POR with them.

Was Bill Branfoot coaching?

8 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

So if it’s not McDermott who would we want it to be?

We have a good record with overseas coaches at this level.  Maybe their contacts have helped to bring in quality players such as Collins, Fallins, Baker (going back a while with those 3), King, Jones, Parata, Chisholm, Brown etc.  So an Aussie half back - I'd take any day of the week.

However if it is to be Brian Mc..... If he gets us to where we want to be then who cares ?  I get that he has said things in the past that have made him unpopular.  (Maybe he needs to sign an add on to his contract ....'sign here..once a capper always a capper'- just to appease the fans)

He will bring with him some serious experience, and I dont care what style of rugby we play as long as we win.

Lets not forget that we played some breathtaking rugby this season but in the only two games that counted - we were sh#te

7 hours ago, RobLambert said:

We have a good record with overseas coaches at this level.  Maybe their contacts have helped to bring in quality players such as Collins, Fallins, Baker (going back a while with those 3), King, Jones, Parata, Chisholm, Brown etc.  So an Aussie half back - I'd take any day of the week.

However if it is to be Brian Mc..... If he gets us to where we want to be then who cares ?  I get that he has said things in the past that have made him unpopular.  (Maybe he needs to sign an add on to his contract ....'sign here..once a capper always a capper'- just to appease the fans)

He will bring with him some serious experience, and I dont care what style of rugby we play as long as we win.

Lets not forget that we played some breathtaking rugby this season but in the only two games that counted - we were sh#te

Yes. All of this.

14 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

My old club Crigg.

Loved my time there. Played a fair few seasons under Bill and then left for Uni before ever playing for the open age. I did a summer with Wakefield Sharks though at 17 which was really fun.

If I recall correctly Paul McDermott was coach then.

8 hours ago, RobLambert said:

Yup

1 hour ago, Marc08 said:

My old club Crigg.

Loved my time there. Played a fair few seasons under Bill and then left for Uni before ever playing for the open age. I did a summer with Wakefield Sharks though at 17 which was really fun.

If I recall correctly Paul McDermott was coach then.

He did indeed, I was still playing when the sharks were there, although rather old by then.

If it is Brian Mac, as long as we are successful I can live with previous comments.

1 hour ago, Fev1983 said:

McDermott is a winner and it’s an inspired decision by the club, Webster failed to win either of the 2 games that mattered.  I might be saying the same thing next year depending on the results against Leigh.

Well, here was me thinking it was the players yet it was the coach all along.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Fev1983 said:

McDermott is a winner and it’s an inspired decision by the club, Webster failed to win either of the 2 games that mattered.  I might be saying the same thing next year depending on the results against Leigh.

Not just Leigh don't count yer chickens yet.

Archived