Catalan Dragons chasing Mitchell Pearce

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

This is a bit of a worrying line: 

Pearce was signed on a one-year extension to keep him at the Knights until the end of 2022. However the 309-gamer reportedly believes his body can’t keep up with the week-to-week demands of the NRL.

So his body can't handle the NRL so he is coming to Super League for 3 years.

Aussies coming here because they think it will be easier don't have a great track record.  Just hope it is a bit of journalistic embellishment.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

19 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

This is a bit of a worrying line: 

Pearce was signed on a one-year extension to keep him at the Knights until the end of 2022. However the 309-gamer reportedly believes his body can’t keep up with the week-to-week demands of the NRL.

So his body can't handle the NRL so he is coming to Super League for 3 years.

Aussies coming here because they think it will be easier don't have a great track record.  Just hope it is a bit of journalistic embellishment.

Yeah I read that and thought the same. I'd be very surprised if Pearce has ever said that, publicly anyway. 

Overall though if he does come I think he's the perfect replacement for Maloney and will have Cats a contender again next year. 

2 hours ago, The Daddy said:

You would have thought they would have learned their lesson with Folau before chasing NRL players like this.

Who in their right mind tries to have *** with a dog and pees on themselves on the sofa 😟 Then add this to the multiple cases of sexual harassment of women

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

37 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

You would have thought they would have learned their lesson with Folau before chasing NRL players like this.

Who in their right mind tries to have *** with a dog and pees on themselves on the sofa 😟 Then add this to the multiple cases of sexual harassment of women

Pretending to have sex with a dog is not the same as trying to have sex with a dog.  I would suggest there is a pretty big difference between these two.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

His physical condition is obviously a concern if he’s admitting he’s struggling in the NRL , and he’s been dogged ( yeh ok ) by injury , but but generally I’ve always thought him one of the more overrated players in the comp

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

but generally I’ve always thought him one of the more overrated players in the comp

I think Trent Robinson eventually came to the conclusion (despite 2013) that Pearce was the sort of player who might get you to the semi-finals, but maybe not a player who was going to deliver you any more premierships, hence his replacement by Cronk. Turned out a smart move.

The fact that so many clubs were pursuing Pearce showed to me how many clubs would just be happy to make the semi-finals and that he was of a standard to deliver that.

14 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Pretending to have sex with a dog is not the same as trying to have sex with a dog.  I would suggest there is a pretty big difference between these two.

Oh I guess thats OK then if he just mounted a dog and pretended to have sex with it before peeing all over himself.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

19 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

You’ve got to love the faux moral outrage from the supporter of a club that signed Ben Barba.

7 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Oh I guess thats OK then if he just mounted a dog and pretended to have sex with it before peeing all over himself.

Just pointing out the difference between pretending to do something and actually trying to do something my friend. 

Think of it this way, if those two were the same thing there would be thousands of historic battle re-enactment enthusiasts all over the country charged with attempted murder every weekend.

15 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Just pointing out the difference between pretending to do something and actually trying to do something my friend. 

Think of it this way, if those two were the same thing there would be thousands of historic battle re-enactment enthusiasts all over the country charged with attempted murder every weekend.

I now have an image in my head of hundreds of people standing in the dock with the judge saying ‘ you are charged with recreating the battle of Waterloo ‘

Archived