Hey, it's only been a century and a bit. They'll catch up with the news of the split soon... just after they've dealt with the breaking news from Mafeking.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

And if you can actually be bothered to read the full thing which the OP chooses not to include, the quote is from Shaun Wane on basis of since WC was pushed back 12 months.

And the National a Scottish paper quotes Shaun as stating:

‘We’re desperate to get back playing again and it’s going to be a full house over there so we need to make sure we perform the best we can.’

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/uk-sport/19665965.shaun-wane-ready-kickstart-englands-world-cup-preparations/

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

1 minute ago, Southern Reiver said:

And if you can actually be bothered to read the full thing which the OP chooses not to include, the quote is from Shaun Wane on basis of since WC was pushed back 12 months.

‘We’re desperate to get back playing again and it’s going to be a full house over there so we need to make sure we perform the best we can.’

https://www.thenational.scot/sport/uk-sport/19665965.shaun-wane-ready-kickstart-englands-world-cup-preparations/

The issue isn't with the article but with the image.

1 minute ago, distantdog said:

The issue isn't with the article but with the image.

Sorry, do you mean professional players wanting to get out there and play for their country on National TV. 

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.

I think they received a little bit of feedback...

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Southern Reiver said:

Sorry, do you mean professional players wanting to get out there and play for their country on National TV. 

No, the fact that the image accompanying the article showed a RU match, and they refer to the three lions, which of course are our association football team, not RL team name.

5 minutes ago, Southern Reiver said:

It’s the picture of of a different sport and the reference to three lions (football) that’s the problem!! A quick glance at the picture and you think it was union they were talking about!!

f3gms4.jpg

Just now, distantdog said:

No, the fact that the image accompanying the article showed a RU match, and they refer to the three lions, which of course are our association football team, not RL team name.

Just now, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

It’s the picture of of a different sport and the reference to three lions (football) that’s the problem!! A quick glance at the picture and you think it was union they were talking about!!

I’d even throw in the use of #bbcrugby when they use #bbcrl for their Challenge Cup coverage

18 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’d even throw in the use of #bbcrugby when they use #bbcrl for their Challenge Cup coverage

The #BBCRL hashtag also moonlights for BBC Radio Leicester.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I bet that was orchestrated by Leicester Tigers and all. 

The radio station's social media stats must go haywire every time there's RL on the BBC. 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Listening to Look North now. Just announced that Jamaica are playing v England at Featherstone on Sunday. A really good and positive piece, but a glaring inaccuracy. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

45 minutes ago, Southern Reiver said:

It's the picture that's the problem chap!!!!!

1 hour ago, johnh1 said:

And once again, no mention on BBC Breakfast sport section of the two internationals today which are both being covered live by.......The BBC!

Things like this are what is hard to take for me. We see the BBC regularly promote the hell out of stuff they show. Yet all too often they ignore RL even when they are showing it for over 4 hours on a Saturday afternoon.

I could understand if Sky were showing this or it wasn't televised or even if the BBC wasn't even aware it was taking place but they are bleeding showing it. There is no excuse.

Archived