Ottawa Aces club announcement

nah it's done. Not unexpected..UK RL still not sure it wants French teams in the competition and so crossing the Atlantic isn't gonna fly. And why would any investor want to persevere after watching what the TWP went through?

24 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

nah it's done. Not unexpected..UK RL still not sure it wants French teams in the competition and so crossing the Atlantic isn't gonna fly. And why would any investor want to persevere after watching what the TWP went through?

Apparently Ottawa want to have a team in the NARL and League 1 which wasn't going to work really so like you say it isn't unexpected, they've made the right choice by picking the NARL as I think it could really take off if done right.

9 hours ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

Yes I think they will go back to Hemel too which is good for the game down south of they do.

I can’t see it. Hemel are happy being an amateur side, it suited them. Very much doubt they’ll look to go pro again.

Be interesting to see where they base themselves though 

On 22/10/2021 at 16:44, RobertAM said:

Quite a shame really...RL finally had their entry way into the North American market through the backdoor and they blew it.....a missed opportunity no doubt.

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Quite a shame really...RL finally had their entry way into the North American market through the backdoor and they blew it.....a missed opportunity no doubt.

You were only after the beer tokens..:kolobok_prankster: have you started playing golf??

12 hours ago, silverback said:

You were only after the beer tokens..:kolobok_prankster: have you started playing golf??

I wish I had time to play golf; I really do.  Felling and bucking large trees and making docks with beams seems to fill all of my time....Oh ya and wiring gabions too....my hands are like pieces of sliced hamburger from all the plyer work I've been doing.   And shoveling gravel and gabion stone...don't forget about that.  And ya and all the wheel barrowing...

Its work, work, work for me I'm afraid.

I'll still pound back beers though!

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

I wish I had time to play golf; I really do.  Felling and bucking large trees and making docks with beams seems to fill all of my time....Oh ya and wiring gabions too....my hands are like pieces of sliced hamburger from all the plyer work I've been doing.   And shoveling gravel and gabion stone...don't forget about that.  And ya and all the wheel barrowing...

Its work, work, work for me I'm afraid.

I'll still pound back beers though!

That’s hard Labour for you. Do the crime, serve the time! 😁

On 24/10/2021 at 20:47, Kayakman said:

I assume you wouldn't mind me expanding. Unrealistic. Was there a feasibility study done? Not that I know of. If it was feasible RU would have done it by having a couple of teams in the URC. That's what I think. 

Cymru Am Byth/New South Wales

21 minutes ago, LlanWests said:

I assume you wouldn't mind me expanding. Unrealistic. Was there a feasibility study done? Not that I know of. If it was feasible RU would have done it by having a couple of teams in the URC. That's what I think. 

Fair enough..... but the brave man will take the bull by the horns!....but it is a new modern world I guess.  Now folks hire someone to dehorn the bull...it just don't seem right.

Do you know, if there will be any RL presence in Ottawa after this? I had hoped they would get involved in the NARL or the new Canadian (or the old) competition.  

1 hour ago, fighting irish said:

Do you know, if there will be any RL presence in Ottawa after this? I had hoped they would get involved in the NARL or the new Canadian (or the old) competition.  

No idea...I thought it was a great idea and would have been a winner with big crowds for the visiting English sides....I guess we will never know or find out.  

Couldn't agree more @Kayakman Despite what the naysayers here say. Never before in the history of expansion clubs, has a club like Toronto developed such interest and crowds averaging 7-10k per home game. The potential was huge. Eric Perez as a visionary in to the Aces and Wolfpack was just what the game needed to channel. We now have Rimmer constantly giving soundbites of 'due diligence' and we are left with The Papa Johns North West Counties Super League.....although, my hope is restored through Toulouse being promoted.

The RFL desperately need a leader to cast vision for the game, and a proven administrator (not from RL!) to bring that vision to reality.

2 hours ago, George1992 said:

From what I know is there will be an Ottowa Aces team playing from next though they will be based in England until the Covid situation in Canada is under control. 

EH???  In Canada you say?????  The UK Covid-19 scenario is an absolute basket-case compared to Canada's.....

7 hours ago, George1992 said:

From what I know is there will be an Ottowa Aces team playing from next though they will be based in England until the Covid situation in Canada is under control. 

The press release clearly says they are permanently relocating back to England, so no return to Canada

Archived