Sat 23rd Oct: Women's Intl: France v England KO 1pm BST (TV)

Who will win?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/21 at 12:30

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

French girls haven`t played much since 2019, so hard to see anything other than a comfortable England win.

Couple of French players have experience in the Queensland premiership. Lauréane Biville at Easts Tigers and Cristina Song-Puche at Burleigh Bears. Promising young player on the interchange, Mailys Borak, who was part of the Marseille XIII Avenir team who won the French under-17s comp in 2019.

The ref is Andrew Pilkington. Based in Spain, apparently. Be interesting to see what his attitude to the PTB will be. I don`t hold out much hope that M. Casty will enforce the rules in the men`s game.

Incidentally, for those still in anti-NRL mode. There have been a number of features about both France/England games on NRL.com this week.

I haven't seen the French women in action, but hoping for a decent contest.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

The programme just opened with a clip of the England women`s coach saying "It`s a real simple game". Thanks Craig, and BBC. Reliable as ever.

Think the coverage has been good so far but this did make me chuckle/wince. One day we won't play to the stereotype.

Early observations; the physique and agility of the England team is the most obviously improved facet of their game in the past 12 months or so. Still lots of room for core skill development, but that will come with good coaching over time.

Enjoying the fact that this is even happening, and is on the tellybox. 

7 minutes ago, Ray Cashmere said:

One day we won't play to the stereotype.

England have selected a player whose name is only a letter or so away from Gracie Fields... :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

30 minutes ago, unapologetic pedant said:

The programme just opened with a clip of the England women`s coach saying "It`s a real simple game". Thanks Craig, and BBC. Reliable as ever.

I liked that. Was reminiscent of many a coaching session I've had. When you've had little experience or prep as a team, then use the KISS method.

There's a player called Zoé Pastre-Courtine - a surname that may ring a bell with Batley fans. I assume she's a relation of Regis, who played for the Bulldogs before joining PSG.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived