Sat 23rd Oct: Women's Intl: France v England KO 1pm BST (TV)

Who will win?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/21 at 12:30

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to have a ref using French and English. Always cringey when it's an Anglo-French game refereed entirely in broad Yorkshire.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

England have stepped it up here, better ball retention and dominant in the ruck. Another well-deserved try and England are now out of sight.

think its more a case of the French tiring... hence less pressure on the ball player and less forced errors, etc etc.

I mean its going to be at least 50points difference... the gap between the teams as expected is large.

Just now, redjonn said:

do the two commentators ever take a pause for breath... talk more  inane stuff than terry and Baz

At least they are talking about the game, not some red card Barrie got in 1994.

For not pausing for breath, Alan Hunte is a nice chap but one of the worst for it. When he is on co-commentary on Radio Manchester, the main commentator basically has an afternoon off.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Ideally, the French players would have had a bit more recent game time, but they are doing better then I feared.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Just Browny said:

At least they are talking about the game, not some red card Barrie got in 1994.

For not pausing for breath, Alan Hunte is a nice chap but one of the worst for it. When he is on co-commentary on Radio Manchester, the main commentator basically has an afternoon off.

yep, although we did get a few minutes of talk about player getting 25 caps and comparing it to her 25 caps but the commentator had 3 GBs to better her... not sure that was about the game - that went on for a surprising babble of time

Never-the-less I get your point

Danika Priim is coming across well in the studio. She's done some co-commentary recently too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Archie Gordon said:

This is coming across very well on the BBC. Hopefully, we can get more women's test matches and more of them on TV.

I do wonder if, for the women's game, the world cup postponement might end up a blessing in disguise. We seem to have built up a bit of momentum this year and an extra year's run up should help standards, coverage and awareness even more.

Quite encouraging from the French. Their passing isn`t great, which limits them, but their defence has been excellent. Far better than the last time the two sides met. The young girl from Marseille looks really good.

I reckon there`s been about half a dozen phantom knock-on calls, most by the Touch Judge, including the one from the kick-off where he must have been 30 yards away. The knock-on obsession is a blight on the game generally, but it adversely affects the female game particularly because the handling is less secure.

The whole commentary team managed to miss that the significant aspect of the first England try was that it was a sixth tackle running play. How can viewers pick up the tactics of RL listening to this lot?

Enjoyed that discussion at half time about the women's game. It didn't always fall into the trap of saying everything is perfect about the women's game, as many tend to do, possibly out of fear of talking the game. The points about the excellent growth recently and the need for the women's game to stand more independently in the longer term were both well made.

2 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Jon Wilkin has been smoking something questionable though if he thinks the women's game is going to surpass the men's game in commercial attractiveness and viability. 

Agreed. Although I can see how the women's game, with less historical baggage, could be more attractive to potential sponsors who wouldn't get involved with the men's game, thanks to stereotyped views. Not for the same amount of money as the men's game, but a televised match like this will have got the attention of people who wouldn't have been watching a women's game on OurLeague or even Sky.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived