Sat 23rd Oct: Intl: France v England KO 2.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/21 at 14:00

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No try for Escare, thanks to Makinson's defensive effort.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

For a team with three full backs on the field France look a bit edgy at the back.

Forgot Escaré was playing, make that four.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

13 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

the crowd doesn’t look that bad to me. 

Certainly looks like more people in the ground in Perpignan than in the ground watching the Australian cricket team in the T20 world cup.

How is that a knock on though? It's gone miles behind him. I think some of these decisions are based on aesthetics, not on what happens.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Niels said:

Maybe because the venue is 14 hours flight from Australia.🙂

Indeed. But perhaps a more enjoyable watch for the connoisseurs of the empty seat on here? I doubt the average cricket fan is worrying about the fact that there's no-one there.

This aways happens, a French renaissance is hyped-up and then the Chanticleers deliver a terrible performance. Rugby League may be on the up in France, but it is starting from a situation much more dire than many realise.

I genuinely think the ‘25 WC is four years too early for the French to make any impact. 

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Weirdly the French ref is talking to the French team exclusively in, erm, English.

Its always a worry in games like this when the weaker team get off to such a bad start, as France did. Mistake just compounded mistake. I do think when Toulouse are in Super League and they have a larger squad of elite players to choose from they will improve with more games. In this they have been a little like a deer in the headlights right from the start.

Half Time - France finally got off the bus, but they were already trailing by too much.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived