Sat 23rd Oct: Intl: France v England KO 2.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/21 at 14:00

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DavidM said:

There is literally no common sense in interpretations like that . It’s a try scoring game and in every game with a VR we look for any reason to disallow them , regardless of the effect it has on the try 

But it was obstruction, do you want them to ignore it because it was a good try?

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

FFS how bad is this England team, good job the WC has been cancelled it would have been totally embarrassing.

this team is bad but if it was the world cup it would be a completely different team

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

1 minute ago, dkw said:

But it was obstruction, do you want them to ignore it because it was a good try?

Yes, it was exciting play and I wanted France to score but it was clear obstruction on a player that would have been a key inside cover defender. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

FFS how bad is this England team, good job the WC has been cancelled it would have been totally embarrassing.

FFS indeed. Do you think Reece Lyne and Kruse Leeming are first picks for England?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Hvy wg said:

M Casty has been a very good ref so far and I fear he will get thrown under the bus by some French fans for invalid reasons

Just as you say that, he yellow-cards the wrong player.

But yes, mostly a good performance.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Hvy wg said:

M Casty has been a very good ref so far and I fear he will get thrown under the bus by some French fans for invalid reasons

Yes, I think he has been extremely good. Only mistake so far was sin-binning the wrong man.

Just now, Johnoco said:

You honestly think Lomax would have had any bearing on whether the try was scored? 

Yes, he would have been defending exactly where the player was after throwing the dummy. But that's not the point, you can't run into a defender as a dummy runner.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Don't panic, it will all work out when Josh Hodgson comes riding in on his white steed next year.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived