Sat 23rd Oct: Intl: France v England KO 2.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/21 at 14:00

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Johnoco said:

I aren't disputing that it was obstruction. I'm saying it had no bearing on the end result.

The end result being that the try was correctly disallowed for obstruction.

3 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Wamlsley holds Le Cam back. Could be disallowed.

This is why people get annoyed by the cheap obstruction calls. If it is goes to the VR and they slow it down you can always make a case for a penalty, but if the ref just gives the try nothing more is said.

Anyway, it ended up being a decent performance by France and their attitude was far far better than England's in the second half. First 20 minutes were rubbish by them and they played themselves out of the game, but you can see there is talent within that team.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, clogdance said:

Obviously pleased we won, but a VERY flattering scoreline for England. Well played France 2nd half.

Yep. England were certainly not 20 points better than France in that game. Lot of credit to the French players to keep at it.

Both teams will be a lot better in the world cup, for sure.

7 minutes ago, jacksy said:

Pleased for the French team and French RL. This score will do them good.

I can't remember so many quality young players ever in the French national side. Thought it was going to be a horror show but turned out to be a decent contest.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

In my humble opinion the fact that both Seguier and Le Cam did well against England should warrant them game time next year.

Gutted for Jussaume but Jullien did his best game this year at centre, could it be a new thing for him next year?

Goudemand still immense as usual.

I enjoyed that, international Rugby League is great. 

I think France showed enough to show they deserve another home fixture against England next season. The game really needs to build on this. Once France got over their deer in headlights start they grew into the game and got much better. They importantly also did not tire and did not look dead on their feet that sometimes happens. Having a full time squad helps massively compared to previous years. With Toulouse in Super League next season they will only get better and will have a much larger squad of elite players to choose from.

There are certainly a lot of positives for the game to take and we need to build on it over the next few years.

Whilst I know this isn’t the England World Cup team I do think it’s served to illustrate that certain players should not be considered for the World Cup.

Reece Lyne is not good enough & has no fine Centre skills 

Zak Hardaker is too easy to defend and dominate

Farrell runs great lines but is too small to play against the Top Tier teams

Bateman on the form of the last 12 months has lost that je ne sais quoi that helped to compensate for his small stature

Philbins game is ineffective at International level

Leeming is not a replacement half, maybe at Hooker but we don’t know

Oledski needs to find some fire and aggression to make his size tell on the defences

Not a great performance by England, but fair play to France, once over at 20-0 down after 20 minutes they'd have just rolled over. Irrespective of England dropping off credit must go to France for improving.

I don't think this game will have solved any issues for Wane, but I think a few players are probably going to be ruled out going forwards. Probably more positives for France and I think this shows we should persevere with playing France in France each year for the foreseeable future

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

That was live on Kayo in Aus. A very enjoyable match.

England really took their foot off the accelerator after the first 20 and then France worked themselves into the contest without really challenging for the win.

Very enjoyable match for me and I expect for the reasonable crowd in attendance and I am sure that match puts to bed any remaining argument that France can’t put up a competitive fixture for England.

Archived