Sat 23rd Oct: Intl: France v England KO 2.30pm (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 1 to 6 points
    • England by 7 to 12 points
    • England by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 23/10/21 at 14:00

10 hours ago, The Rocket said:

I turned it off after 20 minutes, it was 1.00 a.m. over here and I`d had a long day chasing cattle and the game looked gone.

Just got up it`s 7.30a.m. seen the score and now I`m kicking myself that I didn`t stick around last night and see what seems have turned out to be an attractive game of League with a lot of the French youngsters showing  a bit of promise.

I bet I`m not the only one who`s seen the scoreline this morning and thought ` damn wasn`t expecting that` and will duly tune in next time.

Have you not got one of those fancy recording type things, were you could have resumed where you left it when you got up?

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

What are you babbling on about?

What this forum really wants to know is who is your grandson backing for next year now he says SL is dead??🤔

Change your title to Mrs, you are such an old woman repeating the same thing over and over or it could be that is just about the extent of your mentality.

What am I babbling on about?

Simple, Tonga have not got a chance of beating Australia again, if you believe they can back yourself, I await.

13 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If they are at their potential full strength 17  Tonga and Samoa can name a better side than England imo. I would rank full strength 17 in this order. 

Australia

Tonga

New Zealand 

Samoa

England

France

Fiji

PNG

Big gap to the rest 

In recent years, they've lost to Lebanon (WC), Ireland, Wales (Euro championships). Being ranked 5th would be a huge step up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRL_World_Rankings

22 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

If they are at their potential full strength 17  Tonga and Samoa can name a better side than England imo. I would rank full strength 17 in this order. 

Australia

Tonga

New Zealand 

Samoa

England

France

Fiji

PNG

Big gap to the rest 

I would put both Fiji and PNG above France.

9 minutes ago, JonM said:

In recent years, they've lost to Lebanon (WC), Ireland, Wales (Euro championships). Being ranked 5th would be a huge step up.

If the results of England going by the other name of GB had been taken into consideration the placing of the England team would be much lower by the method the list is calculated.

43 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Have you not got one of those fancy recording type things, were you could have resumed where you left it when you got up?

No mate, and sorry about having a dig at your Grandson, I know this stuff is all anonymous but having a go at someone`s kids or grandkids is probably going a bit far, hey but that doesn`t mean I`m not going to have a go at you sometimes.😉. Your fair game !!

36 minutes ago, JonM said:

Those rankings are from 2019, how on earth are New Zealand at 100%, take a look at their results leading upto that table!

One-off Test: New Zealand 18 LOST v England 36 at Mile High Stadium, Denver, June 24. Details

Trans-Tasman Test: New Zealand 26 WON v Australia 24 at Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, October 13. Details

Baskerville Shield – 1st Test: New Zealand 16 LOST v England 18 at KCOM Stadium, Hull, October 27. Details

Baskerville Shield – 2nd Test: New Zealand 14 LOST v England 20 at Anfield, Liverpool, November 4. Details

Baskerville Shield – 3rd Test: New Zealand 34 WON v England 0 at Elland Road, Leeds

Anzac Test: New Zealand 12 LOST v Australia 30 at GIO Stadium, Canberra, May 5. Details

Rugby League World Cup: New Zealand 38 WON v Samoa 8 at Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland, October 28. Details

Rugby League World Cup: New Zealand 74 WON v Scotland 6 at Rugby League Park, Christchurch, November 4. Details

Rugby League World Cup: New Zealand 22 LOST v Tonga at Waikato Stadium, Hamilton, November 11. Details

Rugby League World Cup (QF): New Zealand 2 LOST v Fiji 4 at Westpac Stadium, Wellington, November 18. Details

Anzac Test: New Zealand 0 LOST v Australia 16 at McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle, May 6. Details

Trans-Tasman Test: New Zealand 6 LOST v Australia 26 at nib Stadium, Perth, October 15. Details

Four Nations: New Zealand 17 WON v England 16 at John Smith’s Stadium, Huddersfield, October 29. Details

Four Nations: New Zealand 8 LOST v Australia 14 at Ricoh Arena, Coventry, November 5. Details

Four Nations: New Zealand 18 DREW v Scotland 18 at Derwent Park, Workington, November 11. Details

Four Nations (F): New Zealand 8 LOST v Australia 34 at Anfield, Liverpool, November 20. Details

12 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

And over 40,000 Americans turned up to watch the game live. I doubt anyone expected the USA to be competitive, but they showed up to watch the spectacle anyway. 

That’s because Union fans appreciate the event and are not obsessed with close scores. League fans are obsessed with everything being perfect, it holds the game back.

11 minutes ago, Mark S said:

That’s because Union fans appreciate the event and are not obsessed with close scores. League fans are obsessed with everything being perfect, it holds the game back.

Appreciate the event all you want, my reason for going or switching on is to watch a competitive game, I get no pleasure at all witnessing one sided games, but each to their own I suppose.

35 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

And over 40,000 Americans turned up to watch the game live. I doubt anyone expected the USA to be competitive, but they showed up to watch the spectacle anyway. 

Thats because they're strange , surely you understand that ? 😉

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Change your title to Mrs, you are such an old woman repeating the same thing over and over or it could be that is just about the extent of your mentality.

What am I babbling on about?

Simple, Tonga have not got a chance of beating Australia again, if you believe they can back yourself, I await.

Can you not see how your comment - "Simple, Tonga have not got a chance of beating Australia again"

Is a bit silly?  - Not a chance..... again 🤔

11 hours ago, Chris22 said:

On the subject of competitiveness, in tonight's rugby union, New Zealand defeated the USA 104-14. That sport is dying.

The frustration being that USA sports fans think that these are the best Rugby players on the planet while James Tedesco, Tom Trbojevic, Latrell Mitchell and so many more go another year without pulling on a Kangaroo jersey.

If only the Australian Rugby League could see what they are missing out on not showing the Kangaroo players to the world.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

21 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Quite a few Leigh fans rocked up for some predictable spankings this year to be fair

Although I expected us to lose , in a lot of those games we had the lead , and were still in the game into the second half , doubt that was the case in that game 

13 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Second half was a great contest. Leave the cattle to the wife next time cobber 

Normally of course I would mate, but she was busy digging out a tree stump.😬

4 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Finally a Test match after 2 years & the negativity by some posters is embarrassing,even for this forum.

Strangly most of it comes from a small cross section with ties to one club.

Fact not fiction. 

Makes me laugh that people say that Tonga would name a stronger 17 than England while at the same time we hear on these boards that Konrad Hurrell won't make the Saints 17 and Will Hopoate is vastly over rated and is a terrible signing and David Fusitu'a is a poor signing for Leeds.

All three were in the Tonga backline that beat the Kangaroos. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived