1. 1. Who will win?

• Jamaica by 13 points or more
    • Jamaica by 7 to 12 points
    • Jamaica by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 1 to 6 points
    • Scotland by 7 to 12 points
    • Scotland by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/10/21 at 14:30

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody got the score right.

Seeing as a draw wasn't an available option.😂

Very entertaining game.  I don't know who was working the scoreboard but he could do with watching the game a bit more.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

10 minutes ago, 2blackrooks said:

Overall a great result for both teams just hope they both get more games organised 

I'm glad, the ref's last minute decision, to make the Jamaican's drop out (instead of having a tap on the twenty) didn't result in a winning one pointer, from Scotland.

I really enjoyed the game, loads of great handling and elusive running and near misses.

I particularly liked the fact that the outcome was unpredictable at the outset. 

I hope they can get to see it (at home) in Jamaica to help Romeo increase participation over there.

With games like this possible, the smaller NH nations should be looking to develop more of them amongst each other and not bothering (in the short term) with playing against England.

Canada, USA, Jamaica, Brazil, Scotland, Wales, Ireland and now the fledgling European countries, provide loads of scope for exciting (promotional) viewing.

I was happy to pay Our League a few quid to watch this game and this pay-per-view approach may be able to provide coverage for any/all of the games between these new NH nations in future.

Come on Our League, keep developing your presentation skills? 

Sounds like a cracking game. Disappointingly, nothing in the media whatsoever about this. Not even on rugby league sites! I don't know whose responsibility it is to do press releases for this sort of game - presumably it doesn't fall under the RFL's umbrella - but are the people whose job it is so ashamed of our international game that they don't want to tell anyone that it's happened?? The disdain that we show our own international game beggars belief. 

3 hours ago, 2blackrooks said:

Any idea on the size of crowd 

From where I was stood I would say about 600-700 in attendance.

Was a great game and a good atmosphere, some vocal support for both sides and a very, very enjoyable watch.

Charlie Emslie was excellent for Scotland on debut. 

5 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Sounds like a cracking game. Disappointingly, nothing in the media whatsoever about this. Not even on rugby league sites! I don't know whose responsibility it is to do press releases for this sort of game - presumably it doesn't fall under the RFL's umbrella - but are the people whose job it is so ashamed of our international game that they don't want to tell anyone that it's happened?? The disdain that we show our own international game beggars belief. 

agree totally, i went along n really enjoyed it, if i hadnt seen it mentioned in passing in the RL paper id never hav known it was happening, 0 promotion from the RFL. id guess about 800+ there tho, and some entertaining rugby on show, no programs available that i could see so only knew the odd payer here n there. i was told that fev had expected about 200 to turn up so didnt have many staff about or open much in the way of food n drink. Note for RFL: FOLKS WANNA WATCH INTERNATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE, stop faffing about and put more matches on n promote em!

13 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueGeek said:

Forty20 interviewed Jermaine Coleman and Izaac Farrell pre-match, because one was posted above!

15 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

agree totally, i went along n really enjoyed it, if i hadnt seen it mentioned in passing in the RL paper id never hav known it was happening, 0 promotion from the RFL. id guess about 800+ there tho, and some entertaining rugby on show, no programs available that i could see so only knew the odd payer here n there. i was told that fev had expected about 200 to turn up so didnt have many staff about or open much in the way of food n drink. Note for RFL: FOLKS WANNA WATCH INTERNATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE, stop faffing about and put more matches on n promote em!

Guinness had sold out behind the main stand by the time I arrived at 14:20, such was their crowd expectation. 

40 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Forty20 interviewed Jermaine Coleman and Izaac Farrell pre-match, because one was posted above!

Cheers. I'll check that out. It shouldn't have to be the case though that rugby league fans are having to search to find things out about the game. How on earth do we expect to attract new supporters?

43 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

I despair. It's as though people want our game to be totally ######. Are we allowed to say that hosting the game at Fev was a bad idea yet?

Droit crawl guay GIF - Find on GIFER

27 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

Why would it be up to the rfl to promote the game?  Surely that would be down to irl or rlef.

Probably. But it's 100% in the interests of the RFL to promote the international game, whether it's their responsibility or not. They're the big governing body - they should take a lead on this sort of thing in the wider interests of the game.

Archived