Squad shaping up well

Wakefield Ram

Looks like LG is putting a decent squad together. Hope we have a better run on the injury side and that we play a style to try and win games rather than trying not to lose, which it felt like at times last season with 5 one man drives and a kick.

But with some younger halves (though I hope Sykes re-signs) then we might play a more expansive game. Here's hoping anyway.

48 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Looks like we are going from having the oldest half backs in the game to probably the youngest pairing - in one fell swoop.

Matty Beharrell is 27.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Looks like we are going from having the oldest half backs in the game to probably the youngest pairing - in one fell swoop.

Average age of the three halves last season 33...next season 24. 

2 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Smith (20) and Sweeting (21).

Smith is 24

5 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Are you dreaming of a repeat of the Keyworth/Vasey days?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Definitely a shame that Sam is retiring, he will be missed. He brought vigour and excitement to the team and was always looking to attack or defend. One hell of a workhorse. On the other hand I am pleased that he has decided to retire as he was getting one too many blows to the head. Better to retire for personal improvement outside rugby than suffer long term for playing a short term sport you enjoy.

15 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Jason Walton is staying with us for next season. 

So that makes 21 now. If we get a decent DR deal that would be a more promising squad than for some time.

57 minutes ago, Townie said:

Losing Hooley was the worst and no adequate replacement. 

I am not sure that opinions of Hooley were particularly high at the time he left. And to be fair, in the time before this last season he didn't look like the player he does now! His progress as a full back has been impressive though and he is unrecognisable as the player who left you.

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

I am not sure that opinions of Hooley were particularly high at the time he left. And to be fair, in the time before this last season he didn't look like the player he does now! His progress as a full back has been impressive though and he is unrecognisable as the player who left you.

He was only 18/19 when he played for the Rams.

38 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

He was only 18/19 when he played for the Rams.

Was he our player or on loan?

I have to say that he made little impression on me at the time.

Maybe retaining/re-signing Guzdek would have been preferable?

Archived