Squad shaping up well

Wakefield Ram

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Was he our player or on loan?

I have to say that he made little impression on me at the time.

Maybe retaining/re-signing Guzdek would have been preferable?

I'm sure gudek would have come if a decent offer had gone in.. Martin gone, Sykes a possible fullback, Fleming gone... We're thin in the fullback position🤔

3 hours ago, coolie said:

I'm sure gudek would have come if a decent offer had gone in.. Martin gone, Sykes a possible fullback, Fleming gone... We're thin in the fullback position🤔

Rumours are that we made a decent offer, then Sheffield made a silly one.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Only Paul Sykes is likely to be added to this list from our existing pool, I reckon. I expect the remainder to go elsewhere.

Maybe we will sign a big ex-SL star when their contract expires at the end of this month (or maybe not).

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

16 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Was he our player or on loan?

I have to say that he made little impression on me at the time.

Maybe retaining/re-signing Guzdek would have been preferable?

Pretty sure he was on loan from Trinity. He looked like what he was, a promising young player.

LoveRL is now linking us with the imminent signing of Jack Hansen - agent talk, paper talk or reality?

1 hour ago, Davecord said:

Was about to say he hadn't Graham but within the last few minutes it's been announced he has signed for another year at Swinton 

Yes, I had heard that he was signing an improved contract at Swinton. LoveRL on the money again!

37 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

I believe now that we have missed out on two players because each was offered a better deal than we could manage, Hansen (Swinton) and Meadows (Batley).

Hanson as signed a good contract at Swinton apparently and good luck to him,but i honestly believe we’ve signed pretty well in the halves for next season.

From what I’ve heard the Meadows deal was swayed in Batley’s favour by them getting him full time employment,that’s a novelty in Batley.

55 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

From what I’ve heard the Meadows deal was swayed in Batley’s favour by them getting him full time employment,that’s a novelty in 

Yeah border guard up Hanging Heaton...

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

7 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Hanson as signed a good contract at Swinton apparently and good luck to him,but i honestly believe we’ve signed pretty well in the halves for next season.

From what I’ve heard the Meadows deal was swayed in Batley’s favour by them getting him full time employment,that’s a novelty in Batley.

Must be joining you… on your hours 

57 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Sky have us down at 80/1 to win the Championship and that's 11th out of 14 teams. If our half backs work well together, think we'll finish higher.

About right I’d say.   Think the pack looks ok this time around, especially if Jason Walton stays fit, but we’ve lost Sam Day and we’ve no idea how our half backs will go.    Hope I’m wrong of course.   

1 hour ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Sky have us down at 80/1 to win the Championship and that's 11th out of 14 teams. If our half backs work well together, think we'll finish higher.

These are the current odds on winning, of course, which is subtly different from predicting the relevant positions. If they do reflect the eventual standings though some Batley fans will be a bit upset.

It is interesting that they reckon Fev will be much stronger than Leigh but I suspect that the latter still have a bit of recruitment to do, especially when they decide who is going to be their coach.

5 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It is interesting that they reckon Fev will be much stronger than Leigh but I suspect that the latter still have a bit of recruitment to do, especially when they decide who is going to be their coach.

It looks like Lam has got the job, wonder how he will go?

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Archived