A 2nd Pro Club in the North East

2 hours ago, Grand Est said:

It's not ignorant at all.

We don't ask people who run a cornershop to make decisions on behalf of Tesco.

Hunslet is a corner shop in Rugby League terms.

Your comment though.... That is an example of ignorant intolerance of other people's opinions.

No it isn’t my opinion is inclusive of all Pro RL clubs unlike your elitist view. Go down your road of thinking and where are the future players going to emerge ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, tec said:

No it isn’t my opinion is inclusive of all Pro RL clubs unlike your elitist view. Go down your road of thinking and where are the future players going to emerge ?

Any of these amateur/community clubs... Same as they do now. Put them in a genuine pyramid in fact.... And they might surprise you. A few "amateur" clubs could probably overtake the likes of Hunslet fairly quickly.

On 27/10/2021 at 13:59, Barley Mow said:

It doesn't stop the union club playing in it in front of crowds in the hundreds! It is a pretty ridiculous situation when most of the teams they play against have a field and clubhouse type set up.

they own it though - and they're ambitious. Been the perennial 'next team to go up to tier 2 and establish' for a while, though after making lots of noise with their recruitment over the summer their season so far could best be described as 'misfiring'.

I think the long term plan is to be Newcastle RU's rivals. 15 clubs in N1 (16th went bust over the summer) and off the top of my head, the ones with proper grounds are - Rosslyn Park, Moseley, Plymouth Albion, Darlington, and Sale FC, which are all, oddly enough (with the exception of Darlington), List A/top flight clubs of the past.

Archived