Should Bezos and Branson Set Up...

Padge

... Rival RL teams in space, just think how much publicity a local derby at the Karman Line would bring. Its only 62 miles up far less than Widnes to Hull so no moaning about how far teams have to travel.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

6 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

When does the preseason friendlies start ?

10 - 9 - 8 - 7- 6 ...

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

31 minutes ago, Padge said:

... Rival RL teams in space, just think how much publicity a local derby at the Karman Line would bring. Its only 62 miles up far less than Widnes to Hull so no moaning about how far teams have to travel.

no away fans and a lack of atmosphere would be obvious drawbacks.

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

no away fans and a lack of atmosphere would be obvious drawbacks.

But think of all the stars at the games to attract TV viewers

Ridiculous idea. Bransons supporters would complain about the extra travel to be above the Karman line. 

When the games lasts longer than the 6 or 8 minutes whilst they are up there it would cause uproar.

Watching from earth we would have to take into account time dilation as well as momentum for forward passes.

At the play the ball - "he's not only not played it with his foot, he's played it upwards!!!!"

Finally (and I apologise in advance for this), the penalty count would be horrendous as all tackles would be high.

I'm reluctant to add more teams without a train station to the league, but believe they are organising a shuttle service for visiting fans.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

So is this not for down to Earth Northern folks?

Just now, clwydianrange said:

Would super league accept them though. Who’s going to pay for the travel expenses and hotels.

Are you claiming the costs will be astronomical. 

2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I suppose they could host the All Stars game.

They could as an anthem have some rousing Gustav Holst music

Archived