One for all of our marketing experts - RLWC21 opportunity...

28 minutes ago, tiffers said:

http://www.rlwc2021.com/uploads/docs/RLWC2021 Head of Marketing candidate information.pdf

Starting salary of £55k and a whopping big bonus if you meet targets.

Any takers?

Bit too far to commute from Hastings three days a week.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

It depends on how big a job you think the head of marketing for the RLWC is, if you think it’s akin to marketing a carpentry business in Wetherby then fine, maybe it is in line. 

Okay - find a comparable job & rate then 🙂

5 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Okay - find a comparable job & rate then 🙂

Like many things, there's probably a significant north/south divide going on here. The marketing graduates, fresh from university, starting at my ex-employer in September are on £48K.  I seriously doubt you would get any applicants at all for the RFL job unless the bonus package is the main element of the package. But presumably things are different in Manchester.

2 minutes ago, JonM said:

Like many things, there's probably a significant north/south divide going on here. The marketing graduates, fresh from university, starting at my ex-employer in September are on £48K.  I seriously doubt you would get any applicants at all for the RFL job unless the bonus package is the main element of the package. But presumably things are different in Manchester.

My first point of call to do benchmarking for a role would be indeed, monster etc.    When I did that there were some more and some were less.  the 55K on offer seems the average amount for the roles available.   It doesn't seem an unreasonable salary based on what evidence I can see.....  Happy to be proved otherwise

£55K plus big bonuses seems reasonable for a job that is already half done since according to everything released by RLWC it was on or ahead of targets for tickets sales and refunds have been minimal. Hopefully this means the RLWC are not resting on their laurels and are determined to use the extra time to sell even more tickets and corporate than planned. 

I am pleased to see that there is a performance element included in the package.  Hopefully all the team working on the World Cup are target driven.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I am pleased to see that there is a performance element included in the package.  Hopefully all the team working on the World Cup are target driven.

mebbe Elstone would be interested..anyone have his email?  big pay cut though..

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

My first point of call to do benchmarking for a role would be indeed, monster etc.    

Those are not typically the places where many high-end jobs would be advertised.

FWIW, Glassdoor reports UK-wide, average salary for "Head of Marketing" is £67K and for "Marketing Director" its £90K.

I guess there's plenty of attractive things about the job though for the career-minded - chance to network with important sponsors, policians, maybe get on telly?

2 hours ago, JonM said:

The marketing graduates, fresh from university, starting at my ex-employer in September are on £48k

That's a very healthy graduate salary. What sector is that in or is a marketing business?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

24 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

That's a very healthy graduate salary. What sector is that in or is a marketing business?

Semiconductors (i.e. technology). (And you really don't want to know how much more big tech companies locally are paying their new computer science or electronics grads...)

'Head of' roles will have a wide range of salaries as these roles can vary quite significantly. 

It would appear to be modest, not great, but not terrible. It's probably quite a nice one for the CV if this is a successful tournament. 

4 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

£55K plus big bonuses seems reasonable for a job that is already half done since according to everything released by RLWC it was on or ahead of targets for tickets sales and refunds have been minimal.

26 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It would appear to be modest, not great, but not terrible. It's probably quite a nice one for the CV if this is a successful tournament. 

I would say that with both of these two well made points in mind you would expect quite a few ambitious candidates. 

11 hours ago, Dave T said:

'Head of' roles will have a wide range of salaries as these roles can vary quite significantly. 

The fact that it’s time limited to a year means, I think, it will absolutely suit a CV builder - and I don’t think that’s a bad thing at all.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

15 hours ago, Southerner said:

I’m Hastings too mate 👍. There’s at least two Rugby League fans in this town.

@Bleep1673as well. Ten more and I’ll be needing an excuse to get out of playing.

Archived