Sam Day

graham fisher

I know some will have heard,Sam is retiring from semi professional rugby league.

Sam is starting a new job which will impact on him being unable to train so as made the decision to retire. I’d like to thank Sam on his total dedication to the club,always gave 100%. Also for the first time in a while BSJ is looking for a new player to sponsor. Good luck Sam.

Sam never took a backward step during his time with the club and will be greatly missed as a character and fans' favourite.

All the best with the new job Sam.

Maybe I will have to find a new player to sponsor, if anyone from the club actually contacts me to ask if I want to do so, that is.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Good player, shame to lose a talented player as he'll be hard to replace

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

7 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I know some will have heard,Sam is retiring from semi professional rugby league.

Sam is starting a new job which will impact on him being unable to train so as made the decision to retire. I’d like to thank Sam on his total dedication to the club,always gave 100%. Also for the first time in a while BSJ is looking for a new player to sponsor. Good luck Sam.

Worst possible news even though 100% understandable.   Will be hard to replace and let’s hope someone steps up and does his tackling which is a big ask.  
good luck Sam. 

18 hours ago, RogerT said:

Why not approach the club and ask them if you can transfer your sponsorship.

If it was only as easy as that mate

Personally I'd rather have a world Cup kinda draw for player sponsorship that way no favouritism can be used when dishing out new players 🤔

Plus it would be a bit of fun 🤔

Archived