Sponsorship

LeagueConvert

7 hours ago, LeagueConvert said:

🙌 | IF you are interested in renewing or are looking at becoming a player sponsor for the first time in 2022 then please get in touch with our club secretary, Vivian Calvert.

📩 vivcalvert@outlook.com

⚠️ All player sponsorships are subject to availability.

#UTR | #RamsFam https://t.co/G6iua887fb

Call me old fashioned but surely the club should be contacting existing sponsors. 

9 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Call me old fashioned but surely the club should be contacting existing sponsors. 

Exactly.

We have lots of good news about the squad, fans are feeling positive. This is the time to strike whilst the iron is hot - launch the ST packages, push the club shirt, promote a host of sponsorship opportunities.

But, please, asking "if anyone is interested", really, really doesn't convey any sort of positive message.

(Tom Clarke would have been proud though!)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

You're lucky, I've spoken to a few fans and they haven't been approached about renewing. 

That includes me.

Poor, to be frank.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The new Media manager is creating some good social media clips in a bid to engage interest in the coming season. Is this where his remit begins and ends in terms of creating social media output?

Has the decision been made by our club to concentrate solely on social media content aimed at getting younger supporters in?

I think the new videos are great but how many of the older generation are watching them and how can you measure any tangible returns on the investment that is put into creating them?

Maybe it is deemed too old School to phone up and or write to lapsed season ticket holders and potential business sponsors these days. Local advertising, print and newspapers are dying out too so maybe this is how it’s done (if the enquiries form on the club website was working!!)

rambo.gif

29 minutes ago, Rambo said:

The new Media manager is creating some good social media clips in a bid to engage interest in the coming season. Is this where his remit begins and ends in terms of creating social media output?

Has the decision been made by our club to concentrate solely on social media content aimed at getting younger supporters in?

I think the new videos are great but how many of the older generation are watching them and how can you measure any tangible returns on the investment that is put into creating them?

Maybe it is deemed too old School to phone up and or write to lapsed season ticket holders and potential business sponsors these days. Local advertising, print and newspapers are dying out too so maybe this is how it’s done (if the enquiries form on the club website was working!!)

If I’m honest I think the only person working behind the scenes at the moment is Owen our media man..

9 hours ago, Rambo said:

One of the criteria that are used to determine how much clubs get from central distribution is the level of interaction through social media channels; I guess that this doesn't include the old school type of social media, like letters. I am fairly sure that Owen's remit will be largely focussed on these more modern forms of promotion. I am also fairly sure that his role doesn't include communicating with sponsors, whether ex, current or potential.

Maybe the club just doesn't need the money?

Archived