Matty Wildie confirmed

38 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Another that had been well-touted for some time. Solid player at this level.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/welcome-back-matty-wildie-NRfVj

Not impressed although i suppose he is back up for Jones.I would have hoped we could have got a younger number 9 Didn't Wildie leave because we would not give him more money.

8 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Not impressed although i suppose he is back up for Jones.I would have hoped we could have got a younger number 9 Didn't Wildie leave because we would not give him more money.

Yes and No S went to  bradford because they gave him a full time contract

I understand Wildie’s decision to have a crack at being a full-time rugby player and that’s something that we can’t offer at this moment in time," said Campbell.

6 minutes ago, POR said:

Yes and No S went to  bradford because they gave him a full time contract

I understand Wildie’s decision to have a crack at being a full-time rugby player and that’s something that we can’t offer at this moment in time," said Campbell.

Well at least he had a go.But to be fair he is a long way from being good enough for SL.He is OK for the Championship but the first time he played for us i always thought we could do better.Jones and Parata have proved that.

7 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Well at least he had a go.But to be fair he is a long way from being good enough for SL.He is OK for the Championship but the first time he played for us i always thought we could do better.Jones and Parata have proved that.

All down to opinions...here's what Keal Carlile said when he heard Wildie was signing and Parata was leaving...
"Right signing IMO. Better than parata technically and skill wise. Have Wildie in my team all day over him"

For me he doesn't have the running threat/speed of Parata (or Jones) but he's a better passer of the ball and a better reader of the game than Parata and he has a kicking game too. It also gives us a different type of hooker whereas last year's two were similar types of players.

Not a very exciting signing granted, but like Hellewell one where you'd think Ian Hardman, who played with both, must have been keen to have them back.

Marklaspalmas must be pulling his hair out. There is a thread for the 2022 squad but people keep starting new ones for each new signing!!!😆

Interesting comments from Carlisle who undoubtedly  knows more about rugby than I ever will! That said I always saw Wildie as a journeyman who will go to wherever the next better pay day is and sign a 12 month contract to keep his options open. Ye he was playing in super league last year but in a team that was hopelessly out of its depth and getting tonked every week. 

17 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

All down to opinions...here's what Keal Carlile said when he heard Wildie was signing and Parata was leaving...
"Right signing IMO. Better than parata technically and skill wise. Have Wildie in my team all day over him"

For me he doesn't have the running threat/speed of Parata (or Jones) but he's a better passer of the ball and a better reader of the game than Parata and he has a kicking game too. It also gives us a different type of hooker whereas last year's two were similar types of players.

Not a very exciting signing granted, but like Hellewell one where you'd think Ian Hardman, who played with both, must have been keen to have them back.

I think Parata is the better player, opinions everyone has one

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

Marklaspalmas must be pulling his hair out. There is a thread for the 2022 squad but people keep starting new ones for each new signing!!!😆

A fair point, I have put up new threads for a couple of recent signings because it keeps the discussion about that player  under one thread. We're at the time of year where we are making lots of signing announcements and if we restricted ourselves to discussing them all in the squad thread it might be difficult following it with discussions about 3 or 4 players going on at the same time.

But that's just my view.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

A fair point, I have put up new threads for a couple of recent signings because it keeps the discussion about that player  under one thread. We're at the time of year where we are making lots of signing announcements and if we restricted ourselves to discussing them all in the squad thread it might be difficult following it with discussions about 3 or 4 players going on at the same time.

But that's just my view.

I agree. No worries from my perspective.

The list is changing every day though. 😉

5 in, 11 out and 6 still waiting.