Catalan Dragons want to Play at the Velodrome

https://treizemondial.fr/les-dragons-catalans-veulent-jouer-au-velodrome/

WRITTEN BY NICOLAS · OCTOBER 30, 2021

L'Indépendant tells us in its edition of the day that the club is thinking about relocation next summer.

The Catalan Dragons and President Bernard Guasch seem to have restarted the relocation machine. Since the beginning of their history, Dragons have often relocated their matches to larger-capacity stadiums to try to reach a larger audience. The club has already passed through Narbonne, Montpellier, Toulouse and Barcelona, which was a success with a match at Camp Nou that will go down in history. This time the Independent announces another mythical stadium in the sights of the Perpignan club: the Orange Vélodrome stadium, Olympique de Marseille stadium. A major challenge is to fill a stadium of 67,000 seats but which would reward Provençal clubs that are major talent suppliers within the Catalan Dragons. Case to follow therefore.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

That would be a good idea. One each home and away and one neutral. 

If Super League had any kind of leadership it would insist that clubs took loop fixtures on the road to develop the game.

Imagine what a boost it would be for the likes of London Broncos, Coventry, Crusaders, Sheffield, Newcastle, York if they could build a weekend around a SL loop fixture (and their own home game)?

53 minutes ago, Scubby said:

If Super League had any kind of leadership it would insist that clubs took loop fixtures on the road to develop the game.

Imagine what a boost it would be for the likes of London Broncos, Coventry, Crusaders, Sheffield, Newcastle, York if they could build a weekend around a SL loop fixture (and their own home game)?

It’s certainly worth a try and it wouldn’t be much of a gamble given the poor attendances for a lot of the loop fixtures.

2 hours ago, Dallas Mead said:

Is the LSV not available then? 🤷‍♂️

They’re trying to set realistic goals at this stage. That’s to come later. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

It would be good if more clubs showed this sort of ambition and took games on the road to get a bigger crowd than normal.

I say that whilst wondering where Hull would go though as they already have a very large stadium and there's nothing local that has a big enough capacity to warrant moving! Pointless taking games to Grimsby out Scunthorpe in their current grounds.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

I hope you are OK, Tabby, but I sense you are not having the best of Saturday evenings.  I recommend that you give the TRL fora a miss for today, and just relax.

Archived