Catalan Dragons want to Play at the Velodrome

3 hours ago, The Daddy said:

That's my view on it. Give it to the locals first, establish it and then the season after take it on the road. This seems like too much too soon

In theory that is great but the reality is TO are one of the favourites for relegation and will be for the next couple of years.

(and yes, the idea that we'd throw away this opportunity because of P/R is ridiculous but we are where we are)  

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Leonard said:

I would have thought for the first year or two you try and sell out the home stadia and really get a rivalry going and pull in some money.

Take it on the road when it is more established.

“Once all the financial details are resolved, we’ll start thinking about the opposition but it won’t be Toulouse. We will play them in Perpignan.”

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/live-rugby-league-transfer-news-6140581

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

16 hours ago, Damien said:

That is nothing like taking games to Grimsby and Scunthorpe and 9k stadiums which is what you replied to.

Yes as it would spread the word and gain new supporters, Hull get abount 10k at home so they may at least sell it out

14 hours ago, Ullman said:

“Once all the financial details are resolved, we’ll start thinking about the opposition but it won’t be Toulouse. We will play them in Perpignan.”

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/live-rugby-league-transfer-news-6140581

Sensible decision. The Toulouse games will sell themselves. Use Marseilles against one of the top English teams to tap into the tourist market and promote this "international" sport to a new audience. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived