Montpellier Sharks

fcl

They where 13 actual players the English lads have gone home, a visa problem they said but i read somewhere that they where promised work and all they helped them do was to sign up with an agency and they never found any work for them, 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, barnyia said:

They where 13 actual players the English lads have gone home, a visa problem they said but i read somewhere that they where promised work and all they helped them do was to sign up with an agency and they never found any work for them, 

Now, now mate. Two of them were Welsh 😉 

1 hour ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Why does Montpellier use shark instead of requin?

They've got a link-up with Hull.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

The president is a megalomaniac, if we could have reasonable doubts at the start, for some time there have been a lot of signals. The question that will arise now is who is responsible?
Which federation authorized this? The media that legitimized this mismanagement? Is the "president" of this club just sick or is there some wrongdoing that is hidden? have people taken advantage of the situation?

www.fcl13.fr FCL XIII - Lezignan Corbieres Rugby League

In France, we should not speak of "owner" but of association with elected members. This is a major difference in sport in France compared to the Anglo-Saxon model.
This is also one of the reasons that can explain the failures of the Sharks, Toulon or attempts to build a club from scratch.

On 05/11/2021 at 21:10, barnyia said:

If I remember rightly Marseille where fast tracked into elite 1 a few years ago and never finished the season. They tried to implant a union club in Marseille and even signed Jonah lomu. It didn't last long. 

Was told before season started by people at two other LE1 clubs they doubted it'd reach Xmas. Now if they knew, what was the FFRXIII doing?

PS also know a player who came home for Xmas whilst playing for them and didn't go back and his stories of broken promises confirm much of what the others told me! When I told him how these French club officials had described the person in charge at Marseille he merely nodded in agreement.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Really sad to hear and not good for Elite 2 overall, for a team to drop out after just a few matches.

Seems to me either no due diligence was done, or they are extremely "clever" and know how to pull the wool over ones eyes.  I suspect it was a bit of both.

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Dont think the area should be written off.  250,000 not far from Perpignan and part of that southern belt. Just needs someone who isnt a loon and a clear path to professionalism. 

I don't think anybody is talking about the area here, it's just the dodgy Sharks venture that appeared on the scene a couple of years ago.  Montpellier (Les Diables Rouges) team were in Elite 2 for a while and now I believe play in one of the lower leagues.  I have always hoped that Montpellier and/or Lyon might come good some day.  They need someone with a bit of money and ambition on board, then I have no doubt they could become a strong Elite 1 team some day.

• 3 weeks later...

it's finally over! we can regret the management of the federation and the media legitimacy given by several journalists including those of rugby league express

17 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Its a shame but maybe someone credible can start working in Montpellier which is in a great geographical position to connect the belt of French Rugby League .

They already are, there’s an established historic team in the city. 

I sincerely believe that this man is sick with mythomania and megalomania. I blame the people who allowed this more than this person who should have been unmasked a long time ago.
besides, did he really play for Rochdale Hornets and Newcastle Thunder? Did we verify that he had solid support to embark on this adventure? A lot of question remains unanswered but personally I blame the media and the federation for having encouraged this man in his delirium.

28 minutes ago, fcl said:

I sincerely believe that this man is sick with mythomania and megalomania. I blame the people who allowed this more than this person who should have been unmasked a long time ago.
besides, did he really play for Rochdale Hornets and Newcastle Thunder? Did we verify that he had solid support to embark on this adventure? A lot of question remains unanswered but personally I blame the media and the federation for having encouraged this man in his delirium.

Toulouse also according to his Facebook. I feel sorry for the players especially the imports. It's not the first time he's brought players to France but had nothing lined up for them or money to pay them. At least this time the players only cam from the UK, last time it was four Australians that luckily got picked up by other clubs. I heard a story about his short time at Rochdale and London skolars 😁

1 hour ago, fcl said:

Serious question, why would anyone pretend to have funds to set up a small Elite 2 team - what would the purpose of that be? 

Archived