Montpellier Sharks

fcl

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Serious question, why would anyone pretend to have funds to set up a small Elite 2 team - what would the purpose of that be? 

I know nothing about the person in question.  But sadly it seems quite a few chancers have appeared on the RL scene in recent years.  People who it seems do not have the required experience to be undertaking such ventures and it seems do not have both feet on the ground.  So many ideas often sound great in theory, but are a very different story in practice.

I have no problem with ambition, I admire it, but it needs to be backed up by substance and realistic planning.  I am always wary of new ventures that appear "abruptly" on the scene and start making more noise than action.  Even with the backing of a sugar daddy (which is rarely the case), it is an incredibly tough task, setting something up from scratch.

In any case, I am all for exposing these types of people and keeping the next ones that come along as far from possible away from our sport as they do more harm than good and often leave a trail of destruction behind, after the disappear like a thief in the night.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Serious question, why would anyone pretend to have funds to set up a small Elite 2 team - what would the purpose of that be? 

That's what lots of people can't understand over here, he wanted to go directly into elite 1 at the beginning but the old ffr xiii president put them in the third division, the new president believed his lies and out them in elite 2 

37 minutes ago, barnyia said:

That's what lots of people can't understand over here, he wanted to go directly into elite 1 at the beginning but the old ffr xiii president put them in the third division, the new president believed his lies and out them in elite 2 

What’s the fellas name mate?

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

Hopefully all part of the learning experience for the current regime, we all make mistakes. Luc Lacoste has said he wants a 12 team Elite 1 so pushing a brash and confident sounding Montpellier Sharks up the pyramid must have been tempting. The true test of good leadership will be to see what lessons are being learned.

On 30/10/2021 at 23:29, Number 16 said:

And I sometimes (though decreasingly) wonder why RL is now only a peripheral part of my life.

A dying sport.

If you have better things to do go ans do it 

I hope to go 30 rugby league live games in 2022

Archived