Fans Forum

mn79

I wonder if there are any plans to organise a fans forum this year by the club? I appreciate the difficulties posed by the Covid situation, but it would be good if something could be organised. I know that Chris Clarkson mentioned about building a better bond between players and supporters and what better way than a good old chinwag at a fans forum?! I always thought that previous forums were well received and brilliantly organised by the club. Always nice to hear from Jon Flatman about the various goings on at the club and even more so now with the ladies team gathering huge momentum. The insight Fordy gives into the squad is always interesting and obviously it’s a chance for the club to introduce the players for this coming season. Also it gives the club chance to sell that all important merchandise which we’re all craving!! 

2 hours ago, mn79 said:

I wonder if there are any plans to organise a fans forum this year by the club? I appreciate the difficulties posed by the Covid situation, but it would be good if something could be organised. I know that Chris Clarkson mentioned about building a better bond between players and supporters and what better way than a good old chinwag at a fans forum?! I always thought that previous forums were well received and brilliantly organised by the club. Always nice to hear from Jon Flatman about the various goings on at the club and even more so now with the ladies team gathering huge momentum. The insight Fordy gives into the squad is always interesting and obviously it’s a chance for the club to introduce the players for this coming season. Also it gives the club chance to sell that all important merchandise which we’re all craving!! 

Good idea......all the merchandise is available at the club shop , worth a browse if you are shopping in the Vangarde area.

9 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

They normally have a shirt launch and the players come after training, there was no end of season dinner this year either 

Yes, they generally announce the squad numbers at the same “Launch Knight” don’t they. Like I said previously, it’s completely understandable with Covid situation over the past couple of years. Just wondered if we had any plans for this season, the club are normally so good at things like this but there’s been no mention of it so far. I hope I’m wrong, it’d be great to have the fans forums back again. 

It would also be nice if the ex-players annual Sunday lunch could be resuscitated as I know it has always been a success in the past and part of the York social scene. The format was always the same, a three course meal followed by two speakers, a well known Rugby League personality and then a comedian. There was a raffle which invariably raised funds for local amateur teams. For many years the function was held at The Park Inn as it was one of the venues that could cater for 100 diners but I know that Neil was hoping that in future, if the event went ahead, he would hope it would be held at the new stadium.

6 hours ago, David said:

It would also be nice if the ex-players annual Sunday lunch could be resuscitated as I know it has always been a success in the past and part of the York social scene. The format was always the same, a three course meal followed by two speakers, a well known Rugby League personality and then a comedian. There was a raffle which invariably raised funds for local amateur teams. For many years the function was held at The Park Inn as it was one of the venues that could cater for 100 diners but I know that Neil was hoping that in future, if the event went ahead, he would hope it would be held at the new stadium.

Plenty of room in hospitality , and if the Sunday dinners are anything to go by the food would be top notch.

7 hours ago, David said:

I hope they do resume David but not during the season. As you know, that was always a bone of contention with me. To hold it on a Sunday during a match was what I would say was rank bad planning to say the least. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, White Knight said:

So, any thoughts or wishes for the 2022 kit? 

Black & Amber hoops with “CAMERONS ALES” on the front would be great. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Archived