Fans Forum

mn79

Thought last night was really well organised and really informative. Very impressed by the ladies side of things and the progress they’re making as well. Most importantly everyone seems to have learnt from their mistakes of last season, obviously won’t know the full outcome until next year as to whether we’ve 100% learned but it’s looking positive. 

Oh and the next time someone suggests u16s should be paying to get in instead of going free (one of the best ideas the club has ever had) then I’m going to start a campaign to get pensioners paying full adult price 😉

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

Thoroughly enjoyed the forum last night. Well presented, well run, really well attended and interesting and informative along with plenty of humour along the way. We're so fortunate to have such a good venue to hold it in too. Pity about the beer but there you go, can't win 'em all! The season can't come soon enough!

21 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the forum last night. Well presented, well run, really well attended and interesting and informative along with plenty of humour along the way. We're so fortunate to have such a good venue to hold it in too. Pity about the beer but there you go, can't win 'em all! The season can't come soon enough!

CGC have 3 different e-mail address on their web site , I have contacted them FOUR times about the beer situation and been ignored. Lager drinkers have a choice of 3 , cider a choice of 2 , there is a fridge full of bottled lager six bottles of which you can order in an ice cold bucket to wash down your dinner , ale drinkers are left with the god awfull John Smiths , once a great beer but now..... The venue , service and food on matchday Sundays is first rate , I do not drink wine but my fellow diners inform me that it is pretty good , that ale drinkers are so shoddily treated is not good. Yes they are a large company with loads of outlets to service and will make bulk orders to keep their costs down , is it too much trouble to visit Asda on matchdays and pick up a couple or three slabs of ale , it does not have to be anything exotic....Speckled Hen/Camden Pale or summat like that.

Fred Trueman in his pomp could probably throw a cricket ball from the stadium to Asda car park so really no excuse , we deserve better.

2 hours ago, Stirlin said:

CGC have 3 different e-mail address on their web site , I have contacted them FOUR times about the beer situation and been ignored. Lager drinkers have a choice of 3 , cider a choice of 2 , there is a fridge full of bottled lager six bottles of which you can order in an ice cold bucket to wash down your dinner , ale drinkers are left with the god awfull John Smiths , once a great beer but now..... The venue , service and food on matchday Sundays is first rate , I do not drink wine but my fellow diners inform me that it is pretty good , that ale drinkers are so shoddily treated is not good. Yes they are a large company with loads of outlets to service and will make bulk orders to keep their costs down , is it too much trouble to visit Asda on matchdays and pick up a couple or three slabs of ale , it does not have to be anything exotic....Speckled Hen/Camden Pale or summat like that.

Fred Trueman in his pomp could probably throw a cricket ball from the stadium to Asda car park so really no excuse , we deserve better.

Last season they had 3 different Ainsty Ales in bottles all of which were excellent. Have they stopped stocking these?

On 26/11/2021 at 09:27, Toby The Tram said:

Thought last night was really well organised and really informative. Very impressed by the ladies side of things and the progress they’re making as well. Most importantly everyone seems to have learnt from their mistakes of last season, obviously won’t know the full outcome until next year as to whether we’ve 100% learned but it’s looking positive. 

Oh and the next time someone suggests u16s should be paying to get in instead of going free (one of the best ideas the club has ever had) then I’m going to start a campaign to get pensioners paying full adult price 😉

He says the same rubbish at every forum, bet if one of his grandkids wanted to come he'd be chuffed it was free.

3 hours ago, blackknight said:

Last season they had 3 different Ainsty Ales in bottles all of which were excellent. Have they stopped stocking these?

Good ale. How about a 9 gallon or two or more for match days? I'm sure there'd be no wastage. As Stirlin says, John Smiths these days is poor fayre and no alternative. Shocking. 

8 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

Good ale. How about a 9 gallon or two or more for match days? I'm sure there'd be no wastage. As Stirlin says, John Smiths these days is poor fayre and no alternative. Shocking. 

Ainsty Ales are excellent. I didn’t realise they stocked them. 

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

20 hours ago, blackknight said:

News to me mate and I usually check the drinks menu in hospitality , if true it is a step in the right direction.

Just need to get the keg bitter changed.

Archived