Danny Brough Retires

Danny Brough - a maverick, great play maker. Exciting to watch, and a nightmare to have playing against your team. Danny, another player alongside Lee Briers who I wish I'd seen given the opportunity in test match Rugby for Great Britain.

Hope he enjoys his retirement and someone somewhere will find him a role to invest back into RL and 'creative' half backs.

A Dewsbury lad, Trinity Academy product who was very naughty, a few seasons in the lower divisions, broke out in a big way at Hull and the rest us history.

People who defend our slavish dependence on mostly second rate NRL players should take note. They say the talent isn’t available in the U.K. well it is. You just need to look and be patient, give players the hope of a second chance and they will take it. Isn’t that fundamentally what many of the overseas players in SL are doing!

Danny was better than most and even today may have got a second shot but most never will and it’s where we are so so wrong.

Many an NRL star has had a rocky start only to make it big a few years and clubs down the like. That’s the lesson we need to learn.

Great player and remember him at York when he was just starting out you could tell then he was going to go on to greater things,was the difference between us and the Bulls this season just ran the game and i think it was one of his first games back after injury.

Remember him playing for Dewsbury Rams 2nd team when he'd have been 18 or 19. He was a quality player even then. 

Said on the TV he'd scored 3985 points and is 4th or 5th highest points scorer of all time. Remarkable player who didn't get all the rewards his talent deserved.

Archived