League restructure discussion thread (Merged)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dboy said:

The fact you don't recognise it as unprofessional says everything we need to know about your "thought" process.

The Chairman KNOW what the situation is - they are ultimately in control of matters - it's not something that is happening TO them.

They might not all agree, but as a democratic group, they will abide by the majority decision.

Well when no one is prepared to give answers or direction and dilly dally and ###### about round the bush and dance around the issues,then as far as I am concerned a chairman or a few chairmen have every right to go”apeshit”

2 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

Well when no one is prepared to give answers or direction and dilly dally and ###### about round the bush and dance around the issues,then as far as I am concerned a chairman or a few chairmen have every right to go”apeshit”

Good on ya.. SL will survive.

6 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Do you seriously believe that individual players or teams are going to approach the 2022 pre-season differently because they don't know now what the 2023 structure is going to be ??

I can understand clubs getting a bit jittery if we start the 2022 season and no announcement has been made but people are just being silly at the moment, were nearly 4 months away from the 2022 season and 10-11 months away from the relegation events happening (if indeed they do happen).

In my opinion now is the best time to decide what is going to happen next season and what clubs are playing for in anticipation of any changes.I am sure clubs would like to know what they are playing for ,what criteria’s they may have to meet in order to be a professional or semi professional club in the future and I am sure the players would also like to know so they can make plans as the money they earn from rugby be it pro or semi professional is their income in full or part.

1 hour ago, Robthegasman said:

In my opinion now is the best time to decide what is going to happen next season and what clubs are playing for in anticipation of any changes.I am sure clubs would like to know what they are playing for ,what criteria’s they may have to meet in order to be a professional or semi professional club in the future and I am sure the players would also like to know so they can make plans as the money they earn from rugby be it pro or semi professional is their income in full or part.

That one is easy, the clubs are playing to win the SL trophy.

Any clubs not doing so shouldnt be in the league

10 hours ago, dboy said:

The fact you don't recognise it as unprofessional says everything we need to know about your "thought" process.

The Chairman KNOW what the situation is - they are ultimately in control of matters - it's not something that is happening TO them.

They might not all agree, but as a democratic group, they will abide by the majority decision.

It is not one democratic group though is it, the controlling group is the 12 Chairmen of the SL clubs there are also another 26 chairmen who will be involved in this process who will not get a say in the matter.

10 hours ago, Tabby said:

The majority decision being the downfall of the sport of course.

So if all clubs outside of SL do not accept the direction that all SL clubs deem is the way the game should go forward will that carry? Not in a million years but it would be 2/3rds majority decision of 24 to 12 or 66.6% in this democratic group you and @dboy suggest is the process.

56 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It is not one democratic group though is it, the controlling group is the 12 Chairmen of the SL clubs there are also another 26 chairmen who will be involved in this process who will not get a say in the matter.

So if all clubs outside of SL do not accept the direction that all SL clubs deem is the way the game should go forward will that carry? Not in a million years but it would be 2/3rds majority decision of 24 to 12 or 66.6% in this democratic group you and @dboy suggest is the process.

You missed my point. The point being just 7 clubs rule the roost not 12. Often that 7th vote is paid for in some sort of way.

14 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

I wasn't aware there were going to be any changes to the structure for next season (2022), only discussions for possible changes for the structure for 2023.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

16 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

The club owners are in charge of this. They know.

What you mean is, no-one's telling YOU, and you are crying about it.

I'm sure we'd all like to know asap, but we'll find out when it's all sorted.

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

It's a members club. Each club, depending on their standing, has a weighted vote. That's still democratic.

It's not perfect, I'm sure, but it wouldn't be right for PT or village clubs to hold the balance of power over the game.

28 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

I wasn't aware there were going to be any changes to the structure for next season (2022), only discussions for possible changes for the structure for 2023.

No, what he quite rightly means that, whilst the changes will be 2023, your performance in 2022 decides where you start in 2023.

Hence 2022 is the Golden Year.

56 minutes ago, dboy said:

No, what he quite rightly means that, whilst the changes will be 2023, your performance in 2022 decides where you start in 2023.

Hence 2022 is the Golden Year.

Your mean the 2022 season that hasn't started yet, or the 2022 season where the RFL has already said they'll provide the details before it starts !!

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

7 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Your mean the 2022 season that hasn't started yet, or the 2022 season where the RFL has already said they'll provide the details before it starts !!

Calm down, I'm on the same page as you! 

6 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

There must be funding changes! Surely…

Archived