Mark Sneyd out/Luke Gale In.

On 01/11/2021 at 18:17, Teleman said:

Another one for the usual rumour mill that I heard today, Mark Sneyd on his way to Wakefield and Hull enquiring about Luke Gale's availbility to replace him.

Who else know, not bad info just got wrong club!! Gale will be a good signing 

Sneyd never really developed the serious flaws in his game while at Hull (namely tackling, passing & running) so he relied entirely on his kicking game. When that wasn't going well in games he was a liability.

Not sure Hull have done much better with Gale if its true thats where he's going. He's not had a good season since abut 2017 at Cas.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I'm fine with us releasing Sneyd. I always liked him and some of the stick he got was undeserved. However he is limited and I think it was clear that we couldn't reach the levels we wanted to with him there. 

However, I just don't see what we gain from bringing in Gale. A few years ago this would have been a good signing, but he's not that player any more.

4 minutes ago, MZH said:

I'm fine with us releasing Sneyd. I always liked him and some of the stick he got was undeserved. However he is limited and I think it was clear that we couldn't reach the levels we wanted to with him there. 

However, I just don't see what we gain from bringing in Gale. A few years ago this would have been a good signing, but he's not that player any more.

Agreed

16 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

gale has been stealing a living at leeds since he put pen to paper - as we all predicted he would be doing

He's never really been owt special. Had his day out in the sunshine when cas hit their purple patch but never really shone that brightly and faded very quickly.

He just isn't that good..... and a bit of a ###

Just now, Robin Evans said:

He's never really been owt special. Had his day out in the sunshine when cas hit their purple patch but never really shone that brightly and faded very quickly.

He just isn't that good..... and a bit of a ###

I think Gale is a top player and if he gets fit he will be in next years England squad. One of the few quality playmakers who boss their team around the pitch.

22 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

gale has been stealing a living at leeds since he put pen to paper - as we all predicted he would be doing

This is BS. Gale was poor and disrupted by injuries in 2021. But go back and look at that Challenge Cup semi final against Wigan last year and you'll see a player dictating things and implementing a game plan to perfection. Without Gale Leeds would not have won the cup in 2020.

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

can i express my deepest sympathies and condolence with the poor fans of hull fc after their dreadful news

We weren't planning on signing Lionel Blair mate.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Not disheartened at losing Sneyd although he's left us with some fabulous memories. I doubt either of the Challenge Gup wins from 2016/2017 would have happened had Sneyd not been in the mix for us. And the astonishing four kicks to win that game in Perpignan the other year was as remarkable an end to a game as I can remember. And, of course, in 2019 the touchline conversion at Headingley in front of the baying South Stand lot after the hooter had gone with the score 24-24 to give us a 24-26 victory will for ever last in my memory.

A pro RL career is a short one so with Salford offering a three year deal it's a no brainer for him to move back there.

As for Gale, I hope he can recreate his 2017 form but that might be asking a bit, I'll just hope that our recruitment lot know what they're doing...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived