Mark Sneyd out/Luke Gale In.

2 hours ago, M j M said:

This is BS. Gale was poor and disrupted by injuries in 2021. But go back and look at that Challenge Cup semi final against Wigan last year and you'll see a player dictating things and implementing a game plan to perfection. Without Gale Leeds would not have won the cup in 2020.

I agree - i think he was the difference in their cup run. He didn't shut up organising/motivating in the semis and final while playing very well particularly in the semi with his kicking making the difference

However he seems to have bones made of digestive biscuits and he ain't getting any younger 

Good business for Leeds if they've offed him. They'd better hope Sezer and Austin stay fit 

17 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

So has Gale gone on a 1 year or two year deal?

It makes you think that Leeds have some other player (probably a prop) lined up as a replacement. 

It says "an initial 1 year deal" which generally means the club has an option to extend.

5 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Sneyd never really developed the serious flaws in his game while at Hull

Sounds pretty sensible.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

11 hours ago, MZH said:

It says "an initial 1 year deal" which generally means the club has an option to extend.

It just shows the dearth of good halves there are in the game here.  Watching Sneyd last season, he appeared to be at 80% of what he was.  Covid and further injuries to himself and Reynolds didn’t help plus blooding Macnamara earlier than Hodgson would’ve liked.

Ive said for some time now we lack an organiser.  Someone who can read the opposition and manage the team.  Neither Sneyd or Reynolds we’re doing that.  Hookem can, but he is a year or two away yet so we will see how he develops.

My biggest concern for Hull is how all these players who’ve had serious injuries recover or have recovered.  

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Hookem can, but he is a year or two away yet so we will see how he develops.

I mentioned earlier how Gale may well just be a stop gap for a year until we sign our man for 2023. However it may be a case of gradually getting Hookem more involved whilst he learns under Gale and then give him the 7 shirt in a year or two.

He looks the best halfback prospect I've seen at Hull for a long time. I'm looking forward to seeing him develop and hopefully get some starts in 2022. Although we did say the same about Tommy Lee, so I won't get too excited yet. 

When fit Gale is a good half back. He really gave us some shape and direction in 2020, winning one of the major honours that year.

Between injuries and being clearly on the opposite side to the coach, 2021 wasn't stellar. Wish him well.

24 minutes ago, super major said:

Hopefully Gale will get a bit more protection playing behind a decent pack!

Unfortunately going to Hull FC is a downgrade so that's not looking great for him.

I'm genuinely upset by Gale leaving Leeds. From everything I've heard from the club he was still integral to their plans next year and his departure was not planned. Not least because he had only a relatively small amount of salary cap value so his departure doesn't really strategically achieve much.

23 minutes ago, M j M said:

Unfortunately going to Hull FC is a downgrade so that's not looking great for him.

I'm genuinely upset by Gale leaving Leeds. From everything I've heard from the club he was still integral to their plans next year and his departure was not planned. Not least because he had only a relatively small amount of salary cap value so his departure doesn't really strategically achieve much.

Why’s that? Because he came from our academy?

5 hours ago, M j M said:

Charming.

Perhaps you should try RLFans, the average poster on there has no idea of etiquette either.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

30 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Charming.

Perhaps you should try RLFans, the average poster on there has no idea of etiquette either.

I didn't realise commenting on the poor standard of Hull's pack wasn't allowed on here.

Really pleased Marc E. Sneyd is returning to sunny Salford.

Hit the North!

Pretty much pleasantly should complement the free running Croft and Aitken with his organising talents and kicking abilities. 

Fairly sure he will have a better second time than he did under Noble. Stuck at full back or loaned off in deference to Rangi and Smith. That ended well. 

A quota space remains. Wished it had been the middle Lussick, whose undoubted success at St Helens, will feel a tad discomforting. A big pack leader prop is really needed. Let's see. 

15 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

It just shows the dearth of good halves there are in the game here. 

OK, they're young and raw, but watching Will Pryce and Mikey Lewis play together for the England Knights was very entertaining - would love to see them play together in SL

7 hours ago, RBKnight said:

OK, they're young and raw, but watching Will Pryce and Mikey Lewis play together for the England Knights was very entertaining - would love to see them play together in SL

both could move up to full great britain status , mikey lewis is like watching peter sterling all over again and will pryce is well , far better than his dad.😉

On 05/11/2021 at 19:14, Old Frightful said:

Not disheartened at losing Sneyd although he's left us with some fabulous memories. I doubt either of the Challenge Gup wins from 2016/2017 would have happened had Sneyd not been in the mix for us. And the astonishing four kicks to win that game in Perpignan the other year was as remarkable an end to a game as I can remember. And, of course, in 2019 the touchline conversion at Headingley in front of the baying South Stand lot after the hooter had gone with the score 24-24 to give us a 24-26 victory will for ever last in my memory.

A pro RL career is a short one so with Salford offering a three year deal it's a no brainer for him to move back there.

As for Gale, I hope he can recreate his 2017 form but that might be asking a bit, I'll just hope that our recruitment lot know what they're doing...

Sneyd is an absolute club legend who has left us with bags of memories that I will cherish forever. All of the ones in your list sprang to mind and then some, including this much more recent one captured superbly by the Hull Daily Mail photographer:

spacer.png

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 06/11/2021 at 11:27, MZH said:

I mentioned earlier how Gale may well just be a stop gap for a year until we sign our man for 2023. However it may be a case of gradually getting Hookem more involved whilst he learns under Gale and then give him the 7 shirt in a year or two.

He looks the best halfback prospect I've seen at Hull for a long time. I'm looking forward to seeing him develop and hopefully get some starts in 2022. Although we did say the same about Tommy Lee, so I won't get too excited yet. 

My immediate thought was that we're bringing Gale in short term to assist with the development of Hookem.

Like a lot of Hull fans I never bought into the hype around Lee but Hookem looks the real deal to me.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Archived