Featherstone should rebrand to Yorkshire Rovers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should change our name to the Roosters.

RL should be played in 4 x 20 min quarters  making it attractive to TV schedules and advertising breaks

there should also be a 5 minute power play period, and played at any point in the game by the team captain where all points are worth double.

discusd that.

7 hours ago, lingaro said:

We should change our name to the Roosters.

RL should be played in 4 x 20 min quarters  making it attractive to TV schedules and advertising breaks

there should also be a 5 minute power play period, and played at any point in the game by the team captain where all points are worth double.

discusd that.

Let’s not.

13 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Club definitely needs to sort them out and MC could maybe go over to them and have a word in their ears(  sounds a bit daft i know) but they have to try ANYTHING to get it sorted.

Or maybe employ stewards who can actually do the job properly,identify the few idiots & ban them from the ground.

15 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

4 x 20 minute quarters is not as daft as you think.  Broadcasters will like it. Also makes for convenient toilet breaks for gentlemen of a certain age out on the pop.

We should be doing more to bring fatigue back into the game to encourage the smaller more skilful players,the abuse of the HIA is bad enough but going to 20 min quarters will in my opinion kill of those few skilled players we have.

You could always try catheterisation,I hear it’s relatively painless and it might keep you warm during those early season games 😂

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

We should be doing more to bring fatigue back into the game to encourage the smaller more skilful players,the abuse of the HIA is bad enough but going to 20 min quarters will in my opinion kill of those few skilled players we have.

You could always try catheterisation,I hear it’s relatively painless and it might keep you warm during those early season games 😂

Let's not

On 01/11/2021 at 23:12, The Daddy said:

Rebranding to Yorkshire will help Fev get rid of the small town image they have and give them an opportunity to attract a potential audience of over 5 million. 

Discuss. 

Did nt the disasterous leeds/yorkshire carneige try this. 

It does not work 

It does not work in south wales with union either. 

Successful sporting clubs retain their identity 

26 minutes ago, The storm said:

Did nt the disasterous leeds/yorkshire carneige try this. 

It does not work 

It does not work in south wales with union either. 

Successful sporting clubs retain their identity 

Yeah like the Coventry Bears for example 

I know it's potentially off season boredom but defo keep the Featherstone image for tradition purposes if nothing else. With the proposed changes in Super League and Championship with the 2 Leagues of 10 teams. It is working out when the push for promotion and money injection would be best, with this idea not likely until 2024 (if it happens) promotion in 2022 might not be the best idea as you will have to finish in the top 10 to stay up and not be a 1 season wonder. Promotion in 2024 would see you in Super League at the time of the new TV deal. As you saw with Leigh I don't know what their financial books looked after 2021 but with supporting extra outlay with players wages etc were they able to balance out with Covid restricted crowds. 

Archived