Ottawa UK Location

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Why is that random?

I know it's in your backyard and you wouldn't mind having another North Yorkshire team but it's a small borough of 160,000. Yes it is a nice quaint place but we need a big city to take RL to the masses

1 minute ago, The Daddy said:

I know it's in your backyard and you wouldn't mind having another North Yorkshire team but it's a small borough of 160,000. Yes it is a nice quaint place but we need a big city to take RL to the masses

It's an affluent town, with football and rugby union clubs playing at a reasonable level and in reasonable facilities, and it's on the doorstep of the 'heartlands' but in a new area. If the people backing the club have a reasonable budget and business plan, I'm sure they could be a perfectly reasonable addition to League 1. Where's the harm in that? 

#Reasonable 

1 minute ago, Gav Wilson said:

If the people backing the club have a reasonable budget and business plan, I'm sure they could be a perfectly reasonable addition to League 1. Where's the harm in that? 

#Reasonable 

Isn't it Perez, a man who's mouth writes cheques his backers can't pay?

Yes, this is a very serious and real team and it is important we know what new twitter account to follow as they build to not completing the 2022 season.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

21 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

It's an affluent town, with football and rugby union clubs playing at a reasonable level and in reasonable facilities, and it's on the doorstep of the 'heartlands' but in a new area. If the people backing the club have a reasonable budget and business plan, I'm sure they could be a perfectly reasonable addition to League 1. Where's the harm in that? 

#Reasonable 

...and it's got a train station.

I'd go to 'arrygut when York aren't playing that's for sure. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

30 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

If RL cracked Harrogate it would be the biggest advancement in this country for 125 years, other than Cumbria. 

Looks like it's going to be in Cornwall. Won't be going when York aren't playing now.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Interesting choice:

Cornwall will have a professional rugby league team in League One from 2022 after the owners of the shelved Ottawa Aces operation opted to set up the new venture in the south west.

Cornwall Rugby League Football Club will base themselves at Penryn's Memorial Ground.

They have full membership of the Rugby Football League, having taken on Hemel Stags' licence with the governing body.

"It's a rugby hotbed," founder Eric Perez told BBC Sport.

"Cornwall offers the best of all possibilities. Most athletes play rugby there. It's a unique area and its own region. We are the only professional sport operating in the summer down here, so we have that exclusivity.

"From Newcastle and the Cumbrian teams, all the way down to Cornwall. For the first time in 126 years, rugby league is a truly national sport."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/59120702

Archived