Ottawa UK Location

7 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What if this team also is? Maybe wealthy backers should stick to Union, we can’t have these upstarts trying new things. 

Your missing the point. It’s not how much money the new club has it’s the league 1 clubs who have to travel unless the new club pays like Toronto did

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Your missing the point. It’s not how much money the new club has it’s the league 1 clubs who have to travel unless the new club pays like Toronto did

Blimey, how tin pot do you want semi professional rugby league teams to be. It’s one game a season, have you asked the existing L1 teams if they want to go to Cornwall or are you just assuming they don’t? 

This could be the best thing to happen to RL in Cornwall since King Alfred the Unready burnt his cakes while preparing to fight the Romans at Stonehenge. 

Bring it on.

3 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

This could be the best thing to happen to RL in Cornwall since King Alfred the Unready burnt his cakes while preparing to fight the Romans at Stonehenge. 

Bring it on.

That was King Arthur 

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

1 extra fan, which I believe they delivered, was a positive for the game.

Takes a bow - I’m a bit embarrassed that they spent all that money just to bring me in, but 1000 posts on here and subscriptions to RL World and Forty20 means someone presumably benefited somewhere.

2 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Summer holidays rugby.

Cornwall

Colwyn Bay

We need a Scarborough and definitely a Blackpool revival, if not Maryport and Silloth.

Like the rest us puzzled, surprised and curious.

Mablethorpe is ripe for a League One team. 

Perez is the latest in a line of those who latch onto Rugby League with wild statements, and those who want to believe do so, because they ignore reality. His cheerleaders in the media will be whipping up a storm while those who say anything negative are criticised.

I hope RL in Cornwall is a massive success. I don't see it being so with him involved.

14 minutes ago, idrewthehaggis said:

Summer holidays rugby.

Cornwall

Colwyn Bay

We need a Scarborough and definitely a Blackpool revival, if not Maryport and Silloth.

Like the rest us puzzled, surprised and curious.

Maryport,a holiday destination,who knew.

I am excited and cautious in equal measure. Excited because its a chance to develop the sport in an area with little in the way of sporting competition. We have little to lose, even if this project does fail. We might as well try.

I am cautious for obvious reasons. I wonder what due diligence has been put into this. Where will the players come from at such short notice? Will fortnightly long trips cause issues? Have we done anything or are we going to do anything to lay foundations to allow the club to grow.

Anyway, never a dull moment in this sport!

39 minutes ago, iffleyox said:

Takes a bow - I’m a bit embarrassed that they spent all that money just to bring me in, but 1000 posts on here and subscriptions to RL World and Forty20 means someone presumably benefited somewhere.

Not going to lie, you were the only person I could think of, but you get the point.

Archived