The Cornwall RLFC Thread

39 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

, maybe some London born players too 

Not sure if you are joking, but no London-based player will be looking at this and going, 'ooh great, another local club'.

23 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I got you fam...

spacer.png

Right, get them in Super League.

• Haha 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

13 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Finding the local players in Cornwall will be a challenge, but I suppose it's all relative.

If I was a player with no family ties I’d rather spend my summer in Cornwall than in any of the other 11 league one locations. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Finding the local players in Cornwall will be a challenge

And sponsors and spectators.

What with it being a pretty sparsely populated area with some of the highest levels of poverty in the country.

But they'll have done all the research they need on that. Bound to have done.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

24 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

I just googled that because I thought you were being ridiculous, but there's only 18 miles difference 😅

In a straight line, I make Barrow 15 miles closer to London.

Edited by Barley Mow

Just now, Gav Wilson said:

I'm not sure League 1 rugby league is on the sporting public's radar tbh mate. 

Probs not but rl is. Making complete fools of themselves yet again

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

5 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

What with it being a pretty sparsely populated area with some of the highest levels of poverty in the country.

More sneering, you have no idea what research they’ve done or what sort of reception they’ve had in Cornwall, so why not wish them well and wait to find out more? 

• Like 5

Just now, Gav Wilson said:

Its really not that deep mate. If Cornwall don't succeed, nobody outside the game will bat an eyelid.

Indeed, I wouldn’t have a clue if someone set up a Union club and it didn’t work out, and if that did happen it wouldn’t reflect badly on RU as a game. 

• Like 2

For those not in the know, St Helens have been supporting lots of grassroots development in Cornwall in recent years - schools have been playing and the Rebels have been looking at setting up satellite youth clubs. That said it’s in its infancy and some way from supporting a professional club 

• Like 8

Just now, Eddie said:

More sneering, you have no idea what research they’ve done or what sort of reception they’ve had in Cornwall, so why not wish them well and wait to find out more? 

If everything is as good as the wide-eyed seem to believe then my sneering will make not a blind bit of difference.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Indeed, I wouldn’t have a clue if someone set up a Union club and it didn’t work out, and if that did happen it wouldn’t reflect badly on RU as a game. 

Except we’ve tried and better tried. It doesn’t work. Better to have a strong northern game than a diluted national one

• Haha 3

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

10 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

London is massively populated and generally very affluent 

20 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Not sure if you are joking, but no London-based player will be looking at this and going, 'ooh great, another local club'.

Right, get them in Super League.

No but logistically may make more sense than say Cumbrians. Maybe a Broncos link up??

In addition isn't there an airport down there.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

London is massively populated and generally very affluent 

I too like to make irrelevant comments to make it look like I have a point.

I wish every club, every team and every player that plays Rugby League the best of luck.

• Like 11

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris